Chapter 19

A few weeks had passed since then. Suga now and then stayed overnight at Hee-Jin's flat when the opportunity arose. It could be that he suddenly stood on the mat or was already waiting for her. She enjoyed the hours with him even more. When she woke up the next morning after a night together, Suga was standing at the window in his boxers and shirt. "You are already awake? Should I make us some coffee?" He turned around and shook his head. "I have to go straight away, I just didn't want to wake you up." She replied with mock offense: "You wouldn't have just left without saying goodbye?" He smiled, brushed a strand of hair out of her face and kissed her gently. "You look so cute when you pout." Then he put on his pants and Hee-Jin went to make herself some coffee. He followed her into the living room, put on his socks and shoes and picked up his jacket. Before he left, he told her that he would pick her up at the villa at 5 p.m. on his motorbike. Curious, Hee-Jin asked: "What are you planning to do?" "Let yourself be surprised," he smiled mysteriously, pressed a kiss on her forehead and left the apartment. As agreed, Hee-Jin waits for Suga in front of the villa in the late afternoon. They rode their motorbike out of the city into the rural surroundings to a beautiful old temple complex. He walked with Hee-Jin up the steps to the old temple, took off his shoes, bowed and entered the temple. He lit a few incense sticks with Hee-Jin and stayed there. Suga seemed to have a special connection with this place. He was very quiet as they left the temple. She followed him up a hill where they sat down under a tree. He laid his head in her lap and closed his eyes. "I can hardly remember my mother, but I know that she was often here with me when I was little. I know my mother loved this place. Even though I'm not religious, I feel like I'm close to her in this special place. Until now I've always been alone here...", he concluded his story. She just nodded and gently stroked his hair. He closed his eyes and a little later she heard from his regular breathing noises that he had fallen asleep. He looked so childlike, peaceful when he slept. Every now and then his eyelids would twitch and his lips would move. She could have just watched him for hours, but half an hour later he was awake again. She smiled at him: "Nah. Sleep well, my prince?" "Yes, I can sleep comfortably near you," he smiled back. He finally called for departure. Hand in hand they left this wonderful place and drove back to the city. But they didn't drive to the villa, Suga stopped in one posh suburb in front of an exclusive apartment building. "Where are we here?" Hee-Jin asked curiously. "Here in this house are the apartments of the three older ones, NamJoon, Hoeseok and Jin. I have to go to NamJoon to pick up something. "Mr. Min.", the concierge greeted him, "Who can I announce your visit to?" "Tell Mr. Kim that we're on the way up." The concierge nodded and picked up the phone. Suga was already heading for the elevator and took Hee-Jin to the 12th floor. They stayed in front of apartment number 123 and the door opens. NamJoon greeted Suga friendly and hugged Hee-Jin. The luxury apartment was about twice the size of her own and very tastefully decorated. NamJoon seemed to have a penchant for art. Numerous pictures, photographs and Art prints adorned the walls. Smaller and larger art objects enhanced the ambience. While the men discussed business, Hee-Jin admired the furnishings. Finally, NamJoon invited the two of them for a drink. After two hours, they left the building again. In the elevator Hee-Jin said: "The furnishings of NamJoon's apartment are very special and surprised me. I'm now really excited to see what Hoeseok and Jin's apartments look like." Suga laughed. "Just don't expect too much. You'll get to know it at some point." "I would also be very interested to know how you live," says Hee-Jin when they arrived at the motorcycle and looked at Suga questioningly. He grimaced and thought for a moment. "Okay, let's go to my place today," he sighed briefly.