Chapter 31

It was in the coming days that she became aware of the responsibility that lay on her. The future of the Bangtan Dragons was in her hands, so to speak. What if the master died under her care? No! She didn't want to imagine the consequences. As in the last few days, after carefully checking all the values, she stood at his bedside and looked at the older man. With all the hoses and cables, he looked far less intimidating than she remembered him. His condition had now largely stabilized. But it was clear from the start that he would no longer be able to fully manage the clan and it would be even better if he gave up the management completely. But she was also aware that father and son would not agree to this. Suga hadn't even visited his father in the last few days and she knew from the boys that he had completely withdrawn. She looked at the master again and gently touched his hand. She stroked his fingers gently. Suddenly the pulse rose slightly and the heartbeat became a little faster. At the same moment, the index finger of the hand that she had touched moved slightly. He reacted to external stimuli again!

Her pulse started to speed up, she became a little nervous. She checked his vitals and they clearly showed he was starting to wake up. She called Ra-on to it. She also looked at the values and confirmed Hee-Jin's assessment. The master's breathing tube was removed on the same day. He also had his eyes open at times, but he still reacted very slowly to stimuli. After finishing her shift, she went to sleep in her guest room, which was on the same floor. She opened the door and jumped in shock. She didn't expect to find anyone there. "Suga?!" He looked at her, she ran towards him and leaned on his shoulder. "I missed you," she whispered. She felt him nod. "Me too." He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly to him. "How are you?" she asked quietly. "Don't ask..." he answered briefly. Her face brightened a little and she smiled at him: "By the way, your father is feeling better. He's now breathing on his own again and was conscious for a short time. He's also reacting to stimuli again , albeit still slowly." He let go of her and went to the window. "That's good," he said briefly. "Aren't you happy?" She looked at him questioningly. "You know that my relationship with my father has been pretty shitty lately... let's say... massively disturbed. The last time I saw my father, we had a big argument." "Yes, I know... because of me," she stated sadly. He turned to her and gave her a determined look. "Nothing and no one will stop me from loving you and spending my life with you. Not even my father, no matter how powerful he is." She remained silent and lowered her head. With one leap he was at her, took her head in both hands and looked deep into her eyes. "Hey, Hee-Jin, this is my life and my decision. I love you and my father will have to accept that if he doesn't want to lose his son completely." Then he kissed her passionately. A little later they were sitting on the sofa, snuggled up together. "I know you don't like to hear it, but when it comes to the future of the Bangtan Dragons and continuing to be a strong force, then you two need to talk to each other." He grumbled to himself. "Now don't you start too. Everyone talks to me." "I'm sorry if I'm worried about my family like the others. Your father is seriously ill and he no longer has the strength to lead such a large clan. But you are strong, Suga. And you have good friends and family members who will support you and be with you through thick and thin. The clan needs this strength to maintain its power. This is your family too, we are your family and we need you." "I need my freedom and I need you," he muttered to himself. "And I don't want everyone tell me what to do," he added defiantly. "My father and I simply have fundamentally different opinions. He never really understood me and never will. There's no point." He shook his head and closed his eyes. Hee-Jin sighed and thought, 'When two stubborn people meet. It's going to be a tough job.' A little later they both fell asleep cuddled up close to each other.