Part 17

Magnus looked at his mom as she was making dinner for them. In less than 12 hours, Magnus needs to be in the airport for his flight to England. As much as he has been looking forward to achieving his dream, he could not help sighing once every five minutes. It pained him to think how he had to survive by himself without his parents and his Alexander and his friends.

Magnus felt a pang in his heart as he observed his mom.

"Mama."

"Yes, baby?" Sera stopped what she was doing and turned around to look at her son, who has been sighing continuously. As much as she wanted to scream and cry and ask her son not to leave the country, she couldn't do that. She had to let her adorable son go and achieve his dreams. All she and Asmodeus can do is help Magnus whatever the way they could.

"... nothing..." Magnus sighed.

"Magnus." Sera called her son. She knew he wanted to say something but did not know how to gather up his courage.

Magnus finally looked up, and it was clear that he was a second away from having a breakdown.

"Do you not want to go tomorrow?" Sera asked hopefully, but Magnus couldn't read his mama's emotions.

"I.. I dont know Mama." Magnus gulped.

"Can I stay Mama?"

"Do you want to stay and apply for a university in here?" Sera walked close to Magnus and sat next to him. Magnus was a bit surprised with Mama's question.

"I.. I dont want to give up on my dream, Mama, but I also dont want to leave you." Magnus looked at his Mama and took another deep breath as he collected his thought.

"If.. If things get too much for me, can I come home, Mama?" Magnus asked.

"If that is what you want and if you are 100% sure about that, then of course my baby. You can come home to us whenever you want to."

"But.. but all that money? For accommodation, for the course fees?"

"Oh, my little devil." Sera smiled and kissed Magnuss forehead.

"Don't worry about that. If you want to come home, dont worry about any of that. Papa and I worked hard all these years so we can give you the best we can afford."

"Mama.. thank you for always being so understanding and being so wonderful. I don't know what I would do without you by my side." Magnus's lips wavered as he tried his best to stop the tears from falling. Magnus didn't even want to think of a possibility where he would not have his mama by his side.

"Oh, my little devil. Thank you for being such a wonderful son. I love you so much. I hope you achieve all your dreams, and if things ever get bad, your mama is here for you." Sera wrapped her hands around her son and gave him the biggest mama bear hug she could possibly give, and she smiled happily when Magnus just melted into the hug.

"I love you too, Mama." Magnus sniffled.

------------------

Both Magnus's family and Alec's family drove to the airport. Alec was in Banes' car as he didn't want to let go of Magnus's hand till the last second possible. Throughout the whole car ride, everyone was quiet. They did try to talk about the weather, but none of them were interested in continuing the conversation, so the conversation died down. Magnus observed all the trees, vehicles, and buildings they passed, and Alec was doing the same, but they both were holding each others hands tightly.

As they got closer to the airport, Magnus wanted nothing but to get out of the car and run back to his home, but he needed to be brave. He needed to go through this pain so he could achieve what he always dreamt. As he was stubborn about wanting to travel by himself, the second he passed the gates, he was going to be alone with his thoughts.