Part 20

"My baby is here." Maryse hugged Magnus tightly as soon as Magnus entered the kitchen.

"Mom." Magnus hugged her back tightly.

"Happy birthday, mom. Sorry about not calling you this morning."

"Oh, come on. Who can remember all the birthdays. Even I forgot it's my birthday, till Alec call me." Magnus smiled. He gave a small kiss on her cheek before letting her go and talk to other people.

"Happy birthday, Mrs. Lightwood." James smiled.

"Thank you, James. Oh, those flowers are for me? That's so sweet." Maryse smiled widely at him and Alec, but James didn't get any hugs like Magnus did. Well, it's understandable, Magnus is her baby, he has been in her life since he was a kid.

"And this is?" Maryse looked at Imasu with a wide smile.

"This is Imasu. My most competent employee and I can not get anything done without him. So, I brought him with me. Imasu, this is Maryse Lightwood. My second mom and that lady who think she managed to eat raw cake batter without anyone seeing her, that's my mama, and of course, you know.." Magnus cleared his throat, "Mr. Asmodeus Bane, aka my beloved Pop."

"Nice to meet you everyone and Madam, many happy returns of the day."

"Oh, thank you, Imasu. Look at me, Im blushing in front of such a handsome man."

"MOM!" Izzy, Max, Jace, and Alec looked terrified. Everyone else started laughing.

After seeing how things been, for a second, Magnus felt maybe, just maybe Magnus would be okay having Alec and James around like this. It didn't feel that uncomfortable or awkward.

While Magnus was busy with thoughts, he looked at Alec for a second to see that Alec was looking right back at him. Magnus's smile vanished as he saw Alec's serious face. Alec raised his eyebrows when he realized Magnus stopped smiling because of him. Before Alec did or said anything, Magnus looked somewhere else and took a big sip from a wine glass he had in his hand.

'When did he get a wine glass? And maybe it's not that easy.' Magnus thought.

'Of course, it's not easy.' Another version of him argued with Magnus. Magnus sighed even before he knew.

"Magnus, are you alright?" Imasu's voice made Magnus look at him. Magnus smiled softly before answering.

"Yeah, sorry, I just got lost in thought. It's been a while since I came here. When I was younger, I spent almost all my time here." Magnus didn't know why, but he felt like telling this to Imasu.

"As I grew up, I got distant from this place. Didn't know I missed this house that much." Magnus said while looking around the house.

"I know what you mean. I miss my childhood house too. It's been a while since I went to my country."

"Thanks to me, you are busy 24/7, aren't you? As an apology, how about an extra holiday for next year." Imasu tried to protest.

"No, I truly mean it and maybe bring something for me from Peru as compensation? Something less than $20. How does that sound like?"

"Sounds like a good deal." Imasu smiled.

"I mean, I know you would better stay at home and enjoy glass of wine than been with your boss."

"Haha, no, I like this better than that." Imasus eyes spoke thousands word. Magnus was not blind to Imasus' longing eyes, but so many things made Magnus stop from going for a relationship. Magnus knew that if he wanted to start a new relationship, Imasu would be the best person.