Pact

February 4, 2020

The next day, the damage that the Grimm had inflicted onto the camp was cleaned up. Keaton, Alex, and Cassandra were all sitting under a large canopy having breakfast. The three marines heard the sound of engines whirling. They all looked up and saw three Atlas Airships, along with a few Bullheads flying over the camp.

"Looks like Professor Ozpin and General Ironwood have arrived," Cassandra said.

"Better go and greet 'em," Keaton said as he got up from his chair and set his plate down on it.

"My hash browns better still be here when I get back, or I'm gonna be pissed," Alex said, getting up and setting his plate on his chair.

Keaton and Alex started to make their way to the landing zone as Cassandra set her plate aside and followed her two fellow marines behind them. They got to the landing zone and saw Glynda Goodwitch, General James Ironwood, Winter Schnee, and Ozpin already waiting for him. Keaton approached them, and Beacon's headmaster greeted him with a smile.

"Where glad you could be here," Keaton said as he shook Ozpin's hand.

"I see this is quite an operation here," Ozpin said.

"If you'll please follow us, will take you to command," Keaton said.

"By all means, lead the way," Ironwood said.

Keaton, Cassandra, and Alex turned around and started to make their way to command as Ozpin, Glynda, Winter, and Ironwood followed behind them. The four Remnans looked around at their surroundings as Ironwood and Winter were taking interest in everything that was going on around them. They also wondered how this would affect Atlas.

"So Captain Gordon, How is progress with the base here?" Ironwood asked.

"A bit difficult with all the Grimm attacking us, but we're managing," Keaton answered.

"With all these resources and numbers, certainly you would have no problem fending off the Grimm," Winter said.

"You must understand Specialist Schnee. These people have little to no experience when facing the Grimm," Ozpin replied.

"I suppose that is true," Winter said.

"Overall, this is an impressive set up," Ironwood said.

"Oh, please. You're only saying this because you want to try to gain an advantage over them," Glynda said.

"Why should I be worried? Atlas has airships, all the Dust we need, and advanced technology," Ironwood said.

"True. But that doesn't mean we are at a disadvantage. The United States military is the most powerful military on Earth, and for good reason," Alex said.

"We may not have those fancy airships, robots like the AK-200s, or even Dust. But we have technology that allows us to fly and orbit outside of our planet's atmosphere, aircrafts and missiles that go into mach speeds, hell we even have weapons powerful enough to not only level cities but also leave them uninhabitable for many years," Cassandra explained.

The two Beacon professors and two Atlas military officials all stopped in their tracks as they were stunned into silence upon hearing this information. But what caught their attention the most was when Cassandra brought up the nuclear weapons.

"That... can't be true... right?" Glynda asked.

The marines were silent. None of them gave an answer as they stared at the combat instructor.

"Right?" Glynda asked again.

"While that is true, we don't use these nuclear weapons. Nobody on Earth wants to use them," Keaton answered.