Send Off

Atlas Academy

Library

March 12, 2020

A couple days had passed since the destruction of the Dust mine and the deaths of Bulldog, Ice Pick, and Missionary. Steel was alone in the library passed out on top of a table with an empty wine bottle in his hand. Keaton and Winter walked into the library and spotted a passed out Steel on the table.

"Really? Drinking in the library?" Winter asked with annoyance.

"Give him a break, Winter. He just lost his teammates and is the only survivor of his team," Keaton said.

"You're right. I suppose we all have a way to have some form of coping over losses," Winter said.

"Why don't you go on ahead. I'll deal with him," Keaton said.

Winter nodded before turning around and leaving the library. Keaton grabbed onto Steel's shoulder and shook him in an attempt to wake him up.

"Steel. Wake up, Private," Keaton ordered as he shook him.

Steel groaned as he opened his eyes and looked up to see Keaton looking down at him. He slowly sat himself up as he faced the marine.

"Captain?" Steel spoke.

"I've got some news regarding Bulldog, Ice Pick, and Missionary's bodies," Keaton said.

"What?" Steel asked.

"The Atlesians were able to recover their bodies after some digging from above the mine. We're getting them cleaned up and prepared to have them sent back to Earth in a few hours," he said.

Steel gave out a heavy sigh, and after a short pause, he soon spoke.

"We had always stuck together ever since we started training. We've trained together, we've had some fun times together, we've fought together. We were inseparable. But now... they're gone. And I'm the only one that's still standing."

Keaton sat down next to Steel and placed his hand onto the soldier's shoulder before he spoke.

"Not everyone gets a happy ending and not everyone comes home to their families and loved ones. But people like Bulldog, Ice Pick, and Missionary were willing to give up their lives so that everyone else could live better lives. They were brave men, Steel, and so are you. And I'm sure they were honored to fight alongside you," Keaton said.

"And it's been an honor fighting alongside them. Just as I am honored fighting alongside you, Rogers, and Barker," Steel said.

Keaton then stood up from his set.

"We have also recovered one of the androids from the mine and are having it studied, and see if we can use it to trace it back to Merlot's hideout. We'll know when they find something," Keaton said. "You should clean yourself up now. We'll be sending your teammates home."

Keaton turns around and walks out of the library, leaving Steel by himself. Soon, Steel got up and walked out of the library to get himself ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlas Command Center

Hanger

A couple hours had passed as several American, Canadian, and Atlesian troops, including Keaton, Alex, Cassandra, Steel, General Ironwood, Winter, and the Ace Operatives were gathered in a hanger to send off the dead. Everyone inside the hanger were all dressed in formal uniforms. An American officer steps up behind a podium where three pictures of Bulldog, Missionary, and Ice Pick were hung onto it.