Errand Run

Essen, Atlas

February 18, 2020

The next day after a couple of hours of travel, A Blackhawk helicopter had made it to the small town of Essen. The village consists of shacks made from wood and roofs made of straw. The village also has a large windmill as well as silos, hinting that the village is a farming settlement. The helicopter soon makes its landing just outside of the village, catching the residents attention. As soon as the helicopter lands Keaton, Alex, Cassandra, Bulldog, Ice Pick, Missionary, and Steel all board off and make their way into the village.

"So this is Essen, huh? To be honest, I didn't think there would be other settlements out here. At least settlements not like this," Steel said.

"Well unless you're an Eskimo," Bulldog said.

"Let's go find this Russet guy here and see what's up," Keaton said.

They all walk into the village as the settlers come up to see the Americans that have just arrived. The marines and soldiers all looked around them, seeing the villagers staring at them.

"They're watching us," Cassandra said.

"They are probably not used to visitors, especially with who we are. Just ignore them," Keaton said.

"Oh? It's been a while to see travelers here in Essen Town!" a new voice cuts in.

The Americans turn their attention to the source of the voice to see a man wearing a brown parka jacket with a fur cape and hood up over his head, brown leather gauntlets and matching shoulder pads, a brown belt with pouches and a gold belt buckle, a pair of black snow boots, a pair of brown snow pants, and a yellow and blue beaded necklace with an animal's tooth. He also wore a brown viking style helmet with large white wings sticking upwards over his hood. He has light blue eyes, and a dark blond beard and mustache. He carries a long dagger with a brown leather sheath.

"Name's Russet, Guardian of Essen!" the man known as Russet greeted

"You gave yourself that title, didn't you?" Ice Pick asked.

"So you're Russet Ka," Keaton said.

"You've heard of me then! I mean, it's no surprise, really. Local legend and all," Russet said. "Thornmane and I take down more than our fair share of Grimm!"

"Thornmane?" Alex asked.

"Yes, that's my boss. A former Huntsman from Atlas. Thornmane's network of guardians like myself reaches far across Solitas. But my post is right here in Essen Town! And I must say, Thornmane himself can really fight off Grimm too! Like no one I've ever seen! Between the both of us, we've got those Grimm running scared on the regular!" Russet explained.

"Sounds like you two make a great team together," Keaton said.

"Well, to be honest, I've been off my game ever since... the incident," Russet said.