First Date

Atlas Academy

Headmaster's Office

Later at night, General Ironwood was sitting behind his desk as Keaton and Winter stood across from him.

"We've all searched the entire facility and beyond for Doctor Merlot, and there isn't a sign of him," Ironwood said. "The Teleporting Dust that Doctor Merlot had stolen is being shipped away to be locked up."

"The Canadian Armed Forces said that they can use the facility for a military base. We can also use the facility to extract the serum and study it and maybe find a better use for it," Keaton said.

"We'll keep a look out for Doctor Merlot Incase he he decides to pop up again," Winter said.

"I've got into contact with your government and we've made some little deals," Ironwood said as he pulled up some papers and looked them over.

"Little deals?" Keaton asked.

"The United States military will be getting their own airships in the future courtesy of the Atlas military. However, they will get the final say on what should be put on and how they will be constructed," Ironwood explained.

"Really?" Keaton asked.

"Yes. And in the grand scheme of things that Salem discovers Earth and decides to take action, we've planned to create an organization that will be dedicated to protecting both Earth and Remnant from her," Ironwood said.

"Not a bad idea. We do need to be a few steps ahead of her if we are to beat her," Keaton said.

"Yes, we do. I'd sleep easier when I see that Salem will no longer be a threat," Ironwood said.

"Amen to that," Keaton said.

"You two are dismissed," Ironwood said.

Keaton and Winter both saluted before turning around and leaving General Ironwood's office. Ironwood looked over the paper for a moment before setting it back down.

"I need to wash up," Ironwood said to himself.

He stood up from behind his desk before he proceeded to leave his office. Upon walking out of the office however, he saw Keaton and Winter kissing with each other right in front of him. The two of them soon noticed the General looking at them with a wide-eyed expression and quickly pulled themselves away from each other and focused their attention on him.

"What... What is this? When did this happen?" Ironwood asked.

"Nothing's happened, sir!" Winter quickly answered.

"Hey! Don't look at me! She came on to me!" Keaton said.

"That's not what happened, sir! He came on to me first!" Winter said

"I'm surprised it happened so suddenly," Keaton said. "Did you need something, General?"

"Captain Gordon?" Ironwood asked.

"Yes, sir?" Keaton responded.

"You're full of shit," Ironwood said.

"Yes, sir," Keaton replied.

Ironwood then walks past them and down the hall, leaving Keaton and Winter alone.

"He took it better than I thought," Keaton said.

"We're taking this a little too fast here," Winter said.

"Maybe we can go out tonight?" Keaton asked.

"Tonight works well for me," Winter answered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------