Not-So-Happy Huntresses

Mantle, Atlas

February 8, 2020

The next day down in the streets of Mantle, Keaton, Alex, and Cassandra were wandering down the sidewalk looking out at their surroundings.

Keaton wore a pair of black snow boots, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a green and gray closed coat.

Alex wears a green puffy jacket, a pair of gray snow boots with silver buckles, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a pair of black fingerless gloves. He still retains his beanie over his head.

Cassandra wore a a pair of brown snow boots, a pair of gray sweat pants, a large dark blue snow coat that reached down to her thighs, and a long gray scarf around her neck.

"Keep your eyes peeled. The Happy Huntresses' sightings are mostly within this area. And try not to draw attention to ourselves," Keaton said.

A pair of trucks drive by with miners, mostly consisting of Faunus, covered in black material, sitting in the beds.

"Poor bastards. You think that they were gonna work in the Schnee Dust Company mines to provide for themselves and their families, but get the shit end of the stick instead," Alex said.

"To the point of downright slavery and racial discrimination," Cassandra added.

"A lot of the higher ups and world leaders back at home would not stand for it. They are gonna get involved in this once open relations between our worlds commences," Alex said.

"We'll deal with that later. Right now, the Happy Huntresses are our priority," Keaton said.

"Captain, I got eyes on one of them," Alex said, looking off behind Keaton.

Keaton and Cassandra turned to see someone across the street. They saw Fiona Thyme happily waving at a woman with Fox ears and a little boy who also has fox ears.

"Fiona Thyme. The bleeding heart of the group and most loyal to Robyn Hill," Cassandra said.

"Alright. Let's go greet her. But let's not try to scar her though," Keaton said.

The three marines walked across the street and approached the sheep Faunus.

"Excuse us," Keaton spoke as the Happy Huntress turned around to face the marines.

"Yes, can I help you?" Fiona asked.

"We're sorry to interupt your job helping the citizens of Mantle, but is there a chance we can talk to your leader and your other teammates?" Alex asked.

"Why do you ask?" Fiona asked.

"Have you watched the news regarding the attack on Vale and Beacon Academy?" Cassandra asked.

"Yes. And some unknown militia group arrived and fought off the Grimm and the White Fang," Fiona answered. "Why are you asking this?"

"What if we told you that the three of us are actually with that unknown militia?" Alex asked.

"Is this some sort of joke?" Fiona asked with uncertainty.

"This is no joke, ma'am. We can assure you," Cassandra answered.

"Relax. We're not gonna hurt you or your friends. None of you are in trouble. We just want to talk," Keaton said.

"You want to talk, huh?" a new voice cuts in.

Keaton, Cassandra, and Alex all looked around for a moment wondering where that voice was coming from. Suddenly, Robyn Hill, May Marigold, and Joanna Greenleaf appear out of thin air behind Fiona. The three other Happy Huntresses who had been May's semblance, Invisibility Field, appeared to have been listening to the conversation.