Orb Hunt Pt. 2

Atlas Command Center

March 2, 2020

The next day at the Atlas Command Center, Keaton, Alex, Bulldog, Ice Pick, Missionary, and Steel were standing around waiting for Cassandra as she was typing on a laptop searching for the other three hidden orbs.

"Anything yet?" Bulldog asked.

"Still working on it," Cassandra answered.

"Keep working. The more we wait, the more Grimm are being attracted by these orbs, putting more lives in danger," Keaton said.

"Radio me when Cassandra here finds something," Alex said as he turned around and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Ice Pick asked.

"Getting a coffee," Alex answered.

He then exits out of the room leaving the others behind as they wait for Cassandra to locate the other three hidden orbs. Alex closes the doors behind him and as he is about to continue down the hall, he turns around to see Lieutenant Colonel Harper holding two cups of coffee.

"I take it that you came to get me some coffee?" Alex asked with a smirk.

"I thought you might need one after your mission yesterday," Harper answered.

She hands one of the cups to Alex as he takes it.

"Thanks," Alex said before taking a sip from his coffee.

"Still working on the other three orbs?" Harper asked.

"Yep, still looking for them," Alex answered.

"I wish I could help give you more information on where the other orbs might be hidden, but Fifestone kept on refusing to disclose the orbs' locations," Harper said.

"I can always join and rough him up a bit. We Earthlings have ways of making people talk," Alex said.

"No need. We'll get him to talk soon," Harper said.

"Well feel free to ask for a little help if you want," Alex said.

"You know we will," Harper said. "I do wonder though, What is your kingdom like back in your world?"

"To start, the United States of America isn't a kingdom at all, it is a country. A nation. In the past we started off as settlers that traveled to a new continent to make money or set up trade with Great Britain, while others wanted religious freedom, but soon we wanted to escape British tyranny and rule. We started off as thirteen colonies and declared our independence, and over time we grew into fifty states and became the most powerful nation on Earth," Alex explained.

"Sort of like Atlas being the most powerful kingdom on Remnant," Harper said.

"In a way, yes," Alex answered. "We may not have robots like your Atlesian Knight-200s or giant Airships, or even Dust, but we still made achievements of our own that Remnant can only dream of."

"Like what?" Harper asked.

"We've traveled to the moon and are currently working on traveling to our neighboring planet of Mars, created weapons powerful enough to not only level cities but leave them uninhabitable for many years to come, and we are still working on more achievements to make to this day," Alex explained.

"All that without Dust?" Harper asked with a stunned expression on her face.

"Yes, no Dust, because it doesn't exist in our world," Alex answered.

"And no Grimm like you had told me once," Harper said.

"Yes, no Grimm," Alex replied.

"If it's possible, may I travel to your world one day?" Harper asked.