Emotional Attraction

Atlas Academy

Headmaster's Office

A couple hours had passed as General Ironwood, Lieutenant Colonel Harper, and Thornmane were all in the General's office with the latter looking out the window, while the General and the Lieutenant Colonel were having a discussion. Soon, Keaton, Cassandra, Alex, Bulldog, Ice Pick, Missionary, and Steel walked inside the office and approached the General's desk. Ironwood, Harper, and Thornmane took notice of the Americans.

"Thank you for coming. Lieutenant Colonel Harper was just filling me in on what you've discovered in Atlas," Ironwood said.

"We believe Amoncio Glass has an accomplice in the military who is supplying Atlesian weaponry to his operation," Harper said.

"This person might also be the one stealing our weapons too," Cassandra said.

"So what about the orbs? Were those from Arrowfell like you said?" Keaton asked.

Ironwood and Harper looked at each other for a moment before looking back at the Americans.

"We don't know where those came from yet," Harper answered.

"But we know what they do and how they do it," Thornmane finally spoke as he then turned around and walked up next to Ironwood's desk.

"I believe you all met Bram Thornmane," Harper said.

"Yes, we've met in Essen," Bulldog said.

"And we know that the orbs attract Grimm," Ice Pick said.

"Hmmm... Do you know how they work?" Thornmane asked.

"Dr. Polendina said he thinks the orbs are containers," Alex answered.

"This may sound crazy but I have one small theory on this. Could the orbs somehow be containers for emotions? Raw emotions?" Steel asked. "Dr. Polendina also stated that the orbs' cores have some sort of energy harnesser."

"That's not possible," Missionary said.

"Actually, for one man, it is possible," Thornmane said.

"Amoncio Glass?" Ice Pick asked.

"No. Glass is just a distributor," Harper answered.

"Hanlon Fifestone. Mantle's most celebrated Union Leader," Ironwood said.

The Americans all looked at each other for a moment before looking back at the General.

"So how does he do it exactly?" Alex asked.

"It's his semblance. He can extract pure emotion. And these orbs can contain it," Thornmane answered.

"Then that means..." Keaton spoke before being cut off.

"Fifestone is using the orbs to incite Grimm," Harper finished.

"But why exactly? What's the motive behind all this?" Steel asked.

"Perhaps as a way to hurt or damage Atlas and to boost Mantle's moral against Atlas. As you can tell the relationship between Atlas and Mantle isn't exactly great," Harper answered.

"Atlas and its elites look down at Mantle," Ice Pick said.

"Yeah. Both literally and figuratively," Steel added.

"Mantle is quite the city. Compared to Essen, it's sprawling and densely packed with citizens," Thornmane said.

"That's right. Fifestone can't be tracked down so easily there. And if I may say so outright, unlike Atlas, the conditions there are... unfortunate, really," Harper added. "But you can't really avoid the rough spots and consider the search thoroughly, can you? You all will just have to do your best."