The End ~ Part 1

Olivia's POV

I hopped back up into the attic, carrying two small loaves of bread, "Big delivery!"

"Yummy!" Angeline squealed. I had grown to the girl. About two weeks has passed in Malo. Dad hadn't come looking in the village, but I was sure he was searching for myself and Angeline.

Angeline's stomach has caved in, the hunger having a good influence on her.

We each had a loaf of bread. We were about finished with, what my family considered, our meal when a woman's scream erupted around the village.

I peeked through a crack in the wood, my eyes widening as I saw Dad.

"Where is she?" He hissed, "Where is Olivia?"

The woman who screamed was clutching her side. Dad was definitely furious. I could clearly see a burn mark in her clothing.

My blood was boiling. Why was I related to such a monster? Why was I given this life?

I ran over to Angeline, putting a finger on her lips, "Not a word."

She nodded, pure fear in her eyes.

"I'm going to go out. No matter what, do not give yourself away. We're both dead if you do."

I swiftly jumped down the ladder and stepped outside. Dad's face turned my direction, his expression like fire.

"You ruined the damn plan!" He yelled, stomping towards me.

I was used to his cursing. Although all my confidence was put into the moment.

"You're evil, Dad. Actually you're not even worthy enough to be a father. So, Hans, why are you doing this?"

He looked taken aback, his ears as red as tomatoes, "Where's the child?"

"Nowhere in Malo," I lied, not caring if I was taught not to.

"Let me repeat the question; Where is the child?"

"She's nowhere of your concern. Because you torture her, starve her, and despise her. All because you couldn't be Royalty. Everything comes at a price. Revenge comes with a price."

"If you won't hand the child over, I'll have to look for her myself," He eyed the house behind her.

Okay, so maybe this wasn't the best place to be standing.

He pushed her aside, stomping into the house. My heart pounded, part of me praying he doesn't find the ladder and the other part wishing she was bigger and stronger so she could hold him back.

He trashed the house, if more than it already was. Citizens of Malo stood around. She turned around, now forming a plan.

"I need help. Anybody willing?"

Yikes!

Once again I leave for who knows how long.

Yeah, sorry about the curse word. Although it might not seem like a curse word to some.

I'm getting back into the groove of writing. I had writer's block for, well, a LOOOOONG time. Sorry 'bout that.

If you guys vote and leave a good comment, it might encourage me to publish a new part soon ;)