SOULA

(I got this from @s0ulanation1 on tiktok and from the discord)

Basic info
Soula is a CLOSED religion for AAs that was made to bring together AA superstitions, spirituality's, and beliefs

Who/What are the Gods
Soune
(the earth/Mother Nature )
Jasha
(the moon)
Khosai or Kosia
(the sun)
Amnen
(the universe)

Beliefs
- Thou shall not kill or harm in the name of the Gods* meaning do not harm or kill "for" or because of the Gods
- Thou shall not judge or dictate another person's identity
- You have no right to tell another person or judge another for their gender, sexuality, etc
- Thou shall not commit infidelity Cheating is unacceptable especially when in a soul bond
- Education is elevation It is very important that you seek to education and knowledge

Traditions

DAP
Dap is an acronym for dignity and pride. Historically, the dap is both a symbol among African American men(still used by black women though) that expresses unity, strength, defiance, or resistance and a complex language for communicating information. The dap and the black power handshake, which evolved from the dap, were important symbols of black consciousness, identity, and cultural unity throughout black America.

Bowing
Bowing to respected our spiritual elders or people that you respect is a sign that you appreciate them and that you respect them

black eyes peas
Eating black eyed peas to usher in the new years is a sign of good luck. It's a saying "eat poor on New Year's and eat fat the rest of the year"

Rituals

- Washing hands with cinnamon at the beginning of every month or on a full moon: We do this to bring in money and prosperity.

- Spiritual baths: Spiritual baths are often prescribed for specific purposes such as drawing love and money, facilitating healing, cultivating wisdom, removing negative conditions, uncrossing and reversing spiritual attacks, providing protection, increasing personal influence and domination and creating success.

- Other rituals include: veiling(covering your head) when going to places with negative energy (funerals, hospitals, ect)

Kwanzaa
The name Kwanzaa is derived from the phrase "matunda ya kwanza" which means "first fruits" in Swahili. Each family celebrates Kwanzaa in its own way, but celebrations often include songs and dances, African drums, storytelling, poetry reading, and a large traditional meal. On each of the seven nights, the family gathers and a child lights one of the candles on the Kinara (candleholder), then one of the seven principles is discussed. The principles, called the Nguzo Saba (seven principles in Swahili) are values of African culture which contribute to building and reinforcing community among African-Americans. Kwanzaa also has seven basic symbols which represent values and concepts reflective of African culture.

Unity:Umoja (oo–MO–jah)
To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.

Self-determination: Kujichagulia (koo–gee–cha–goo–LEE–yah)
To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves.

Collective Work and Responsibility: Ujima (oo–GEE–mah)
To build and maintain our community together and make our brother's and sister's problems our problems and to solve them together.

Cooperative Economics: Ujamaa (oo–JAH–mah)
To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.

Purpose: Nia (nee–YAH)
To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.