Chapter 2

CHAPTER TWO

JUSTINE’S POV

“Mom we have been over this countless number of times, I am not a kid anymore for you to dictate for me what I need and what I don't need.”  I said to my Mother through the phone.

“But dear you know I only want what is best for you and ever since that unfortunate incident, you seem to have not been able to move on.” My mother replied.

I have never been so happy that I am an adult the way I am right now because if I wasn't, God knows how my Mother would have ruled my life.

“Mom, I am fine and I have moved on fine.” I said.

“You know dear, you can come join your fathers company as your spot is still open for you.”

“I don't want to depend on Fathers money and that is why I moved out of the house to achieve something for myself on my own merit.”

“And what have you decided to do that is worth your own merit justine?” My Mother asked.

“Teaching Mom, I have decided to be a teacher.”

My Mother burst into an uncontrollable laughter as I said those words.

“You can't be serious about what you just said son.” My Mother said.

“I am very serious Mom and as a matter of fact, I have gotten a job as a highschool teacher already.”

“My goodness!!! How can a Master’s degree holder in Engineering be a high school teacher!!??”

“It's my life mom, I can decide what I want and what I don't want to do with it.”

“I have accepted every decision of yours son even when I wasn't happy about it but you see this one, I won't accept it.”

“Look mom, I……” My Mother suddenly hung up the call on me.

My Mother can be the sweetest person sometimes and can also be overly dramatic.

I think a 25 years old adult is old enough to make decisions for himself.

Yes I was born with a silver spoon and I am the only child of my parents but I wasn't spoiled at all because my Father made sure of that.

At age 19, I was already done with my Bsc degree and used 2 years for my masters coming out with distinction so my reason for wanting to be an high school teacher is something even I don't understand.

It's like my destiny was pulling me in that direction and I had to answer by all means.

I am resuming work today and honestly I have never been so nervous the way I am now.

I have related to different kinds of people and different races but not once have I related with high school students and so I was anxious about everything.

I left my house early to catch the first bus because I wasn't in the mood to drive my car or show off as a teacher and so I dressed simple and was on my way.

There was a little bit of traffic as some crazy individuals decided to block the road staging some kind of protest.

Just as I was getting frustrated about the whole delay situation, they suddenly jumped into the bus and ordered everyone to come down.

I was reluctant at first and then two of the protesters pushed us all out.

“What is wrong with you? Are you people insane??” I asked in anger.

“Repeat that statement again, I dare you.” one of the protesters said.

I wasn't a weakling but at that moment, I didn't want to be late on my first day at work.

“Nothing.” I said as I walked away finding the nearest bus.

Luckily for me, I found one going directly to the high school and as I dropped, I breathed down in relief and went into the school.

Just as I was lurking around in the hallway looking for directions to the principal's office, I heard some kind of noise or rather chants probably by some of the students.

“Do it! Do it! Do it!” I heard.

I was curious about what was going on and so I followed the noise to where it was coming from and behold I saw something that made me shocked deep to my bones.

I saw a beautiful little but not so little girl licking the shoe of a boy who was smiling in satisfaction.

“What the hell is going on here!!!” I yelled in anger.

Before I knew it, all the rest of the students scurried away from the hallway to their various classes.

“Nothing, now mind your business!!” the boy whose shoe was being licked said as he walked away with two other boys who I guessed were his friends.

I knew immediately this was a case of bullying and one thing I hated most in my life was bullying and intimidation of any kind.

When I  looked at the girl who was being bullied still seated on the floor sobbing hard, My heart broke into a million pieces.

I just wanted to hug her and assure her that all would be fine but I couldn't do that knowing I was a teacher and she was a student so boundaries were important.

I sighed deeply and then extended my hand to her in assistance to help her stand up from the floor.

As soon as she lifted her head and looked at me, cold shivers ran down my spine.

Her dark brown eyes were like that of an angel and she looked so innocent but broken.

She looked at my eyes like she was staring deep inside my soul with one or two tears dropping down her face as she placed her hands on mine.

I pulled her up and the next thing she did shocked me.

She suddenly hugged me while sobbing.

I was so dumbfounded that I couldn't even put my arms around her to hug her back.

“Please help me.” she said as she passed out.