Chapter 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

ELIZABETH'S POV

I got up from my seat and walked towards the class exit door with fear and worry in my heart as I wondered what my stepmother was doing in my school and why she wanted to see me and not Angel.

As I was about to come out from the class, I took one last glance at Justine as he nodded his head indicating for me to go and that all would be fine.

I went straight ahead to the principal's office and immediately I got there, my stepmother stood up and hugged me crying.

“Oh my darling daughter, where have you been???” she said.

I looked around in confusion wondering who she was referring to because I knew it wasn't me.

“Me???” I asked in confusion.

“Who else??? why would you run away from home just because I told you not to have a boyfriend and focus on your studies??” she said fake crying.

The shock on my face at that moment was unexplainable.

“What???” I asked in confusion.

“Young lady, your Mother just told me that you ran away from your house and that too for over a month.” The principal said.

“Ahhh that's not true sir.” I said in a defense mode.

“So you are now calling your Mother a liar??” My stepmother asked.

“Sir, I was in a coma for a whole month and when I went back home, I was sent away.” I said to the principal

“Ahhhh can you see how she is lying against her own Mother.” My stepmother said, bursting into more fake tears.

“Young lady, what would you benefit from telling lies against your own Mother??”

“I am not lying sir.”

“Ok, let us assume you were really in a coma and then you went back home and were sent away, who were you  staying with???”

My heartbeat increased in pace as I heard that question.

“I have been living with my best friend Tracy.” I blurted out.

“More lies.” The principal said.

“You can call her here to confirm sir.”

Immediately, Tracy was called into the office and she defended me like the true friend she was.

“Thank you.” I mouthed to her as she left the office.

“Ok, I was wrong but that didn't mean you shouldn't have called me while you were over there.” My stepmother said changing her narrative.

I was just mute trying to wrap my head around the little drama my stepmother just displayed.

“Anyway, you can go back home now with your stepmother.”

Those words felt like knives piercing through my heart because I was beginning to like and enjoy my stay at justine's house and now I had to go back to the store room I stayed in before.

“Ok sir.” I said with a sad tone.

“Thank you so much sir for helping me solve this issue I appreciate.” my stepmother said to the principal.

“And as for you, you know your way back home.” she said to me as he walked out of the office.

I thanked the principal and left his office too.

So many thoughts ran through my head while walking back to class as I didn’t know how to tell Justine of this new development.

First I was bullied some hours back and now this, I was already so exhausted.

As soon as I was about to enter into Juustine’s class for the continuation of the lectures, the school bell rang for break time.

“Miss Elizabeth, please can I have a word with you.” Justine asked as other students walked out of the classroom.

“Yes sir.” I said.

I stood in front of him and he didn't say anything until all the students left the class and then he went over to the door and locked it.

“Hey my thick queen, what is going in with you today??” he asked with a worried look on his face.

“Nothing.” I said.

“Are you going to lie to me??”

“Today has just been a very rough day.”

“I noticed from the weak smile you gave me as soon as you entered my class.” he said.

“Or did someone bully you again???” he added.

“No!” I quickly blurted out.

“That no was too quick for an answer and it only means that you are lying to me.” he said.

I bowed my head and kept counting the sand on the ground.

Justine walked closer to me and raised my chin.

“Tell me the truth Lizzy what happened??”

I raised my shirt up slightly to show him the bruised mark on my stomach.

“Who the f**k did this to you!!!!!” Justine yelled in rage.

“Please don't shout to avoid calling attention.” I said quietly.

“Answer my question Elizabeth.”

I knew this was serious the moment he called me Elizabeth.

“It was Robin.”

“Robin again!!!!???”

“Please just let it go, Justine.” I pleaded.

“How can I?? Can you see your stomach???” he asked in anger.

“I know but promise me you won't do anything about it.”

“I can't make such a promise.”

“Then you don't care about me.” I said sadly.

“I care more than you think about my love, it's just that no one would be happy to see his or her loved one going through such pain.”

“I know Justine but please do as I say so that you won't get us in trouble.”

“I will but the next time that stupid little boy touches even a hair on your head, I will make sure I disfigure his face.” He threatened.

I burst into laughter.

“I am very serious my love.”

“If you say so” I said smiling.”

“That reminds me, why were you called into the principal's office??” Justine asked.

“It was my stepmother.”

“And what about her??” he said, raising a brow.

“She wants me to come back home.” I said.

Justine was silent for a while but his facial expression was deadly.

“You are not going back to that house.”

TBC

Likes n comments guys, invite your friends to also read