Chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

ELIZABETH'S POV

The strangest thing I found from all the things Justine gave me to take back home was his Atm card.

I had never and don't think I would be able to handle an Atm card and I had no idea how much was inside and so I decided to keep it very safe until he asked for it back.

After he booked a ride for me, he gave me a kiss which he said was a peck but either way it was nice and was a foreign experience for me.

I kept thinking about it till the rider got to my house and immediately I got down from the car, my heart started beating so fast and I carried my things and knocked on the door.

Suddenly the door swung open and I met Angel.

“Hey, if it isn't the chubby daughter of a witch.” she said as she smirked.

“Hello to you too sister.”

“Heavens forbid me to be a sister of dum chubby bitch like you.”

As I was about to enter the house, she stopped me and asked what was inside the bag I was carrying.

“Nothing, it's the clothes Tracy gave me.” I said in fear.

“Oh so you collected clothes from the other less privileged girl like you right???”

“She gave me her clothes that didn't fit.”

“Mom!!!Mom???!” Angel yelled.

My stepmother walked up to the door.

“Oh so it's now you decided to come back home right???” she asked me.

I didn't say anything as I bowed my head in fear that If I utter a word, she would do something to me.

“Mom, the less privileged girl she was staying with, gave her clothes.” Angel spilled.

“I seee…. she gave you clothes after you told her lies that I don't buy any for you right??”

“Not at all ma'am, she only gave me the clothes that didn't fit her I swear.”

“Mom, what should I do with the clothes???” Angel asked.

I knew at once that Angel was going to do something horrible and immediately I knelt down to plead.

“Please, I really like the clothes and I beg of you don't take it away please.” I pleaded while on my knees.

“Who wants to wear your stupid oversized clothes??? Have you seen yourself in the mirror lately?? You look like a fat pig.” Angel said.

“Angel do with the clothes however you please and Elizabeth, if you try to stop her, I will make you regret your life.” My stepmother said as she walked inside.

“Angel I beg of you please don't do anything, I beg of you.” I kept on pleading with tears in my eyes.

“Hmmmm, what should I do with these clothes now??? Oh right!! I got an idea.” she said as she smirked at me.

She went back inside the house and immediately I reached inside the bag and brought out the phone and Atm card Justine gave to me and threw it at the corner of the house.

Angel suddenly came out with a lighter and paper and I knew what she was about to do.

“Sister, please don't do this….have mercy on me.” I pleaded as I sobbed harder.

Just the thoughts of how much Justine spent to buy me these cute clothes made me cry more.

She reached out for the bag and emptied all the contents on the floor outside while I knelt down and kept pleading with her not to burn the clothes.

I watched in horror as she set the clothes on fire one after the other and I couldn't do anything about it.

I tried reaching out to save at least one of the clothes but I got burned in the process.

The pain from the burn was not even compared to the pains I was feeling inside of me as I wept harder.

After setting on fire the last cloth, she smiled in satisfaction and went back inside the house.

I stared at the burning clothes crying and cursing my fate as the very last one burnt to ashes.

Immediately, I remembered I threw my phone and Justine's Atm card away and I ran to retrieve them in fear that My stepmother or sister would get hold of it.

I checked the phone and saw several missed calls from Justine and I just sobbed harder because I didn't know how to tell him the clothes he bought for me a few hours ago were all destroyed.

He called again and when I picked up the phone, I burst into tears again unintentionally.

“Baby, what is wrong??” he said as I could sense the worry in his tone.

“She burnt all the clothes you bought for me.” I said still sobbing.

“Who???!!!” Justine asked in an angry tone.

“Angel.”

“So your step sister had the effrontery to burn the clothes she didn't buy for you??”

“My stepmother told her to do whatever she liked with it and she decided to burn them.” I said.

“I am coming over to get you.” Justine said.

“No,no,no…please dont.” I said in panic.

“Elizabeth I am not listening to anything you tell me anymore, you aren't staying in that house.”

“Please Justine don't come here or else my stepmother will make life unbearable for me.” I said.

“More reason why you need to stay with me.” he said in a calm but sad tone.

“Just wait till I turn 18 and then I can come stay with you.”

“My beautiful thick queen, don't cry anymore okay??? I will get you more clothes okay??”

“Ok.”

“And please hide your phone so I can reach out to you anytime.”

“I will, I promise.”

After speaking with me and cheering me up, he ended the call to attend to something important as I stood up from the ground and went inside the house.

My stepmother and stepsister made sure I had no breathing space in the house.

The chores doubled and the punishments became more intense as sometimes they would starve me of food for two whole days.

The day of the school dance arrived so fast and I decided not to go because I had no dress to wear.

My step sister couldn't stop talking and bragging about the new dress she got  and all her friends.

“Come outside unnoticed, I got a surprise for you.” Justine wrote in a text message.

It was strange but I still was curious and so I made sure my stepmother and sister were in their various rooms before going outside.

After I went out, I saw a man come down from a car and handed me a big package.

I thanked him as I went back inside again unnoticed.

When I opened the package, I was dumbfounded to see the most beautiful dress I have ever set my eyes on.

I saw a little note inside which wrote,

“This dress is for you my thick queen, wear it and I will come later to come pick you up for the school dance.”

“Wait what?? This man is definitely trying to get me in trouble.”