Chapter 29

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

ELIZABETH'S POV

I was so excited about my date with Justine that even my roommate and friend Zina noticed it.

Whenever Justine and I had misunderstandings, I was always like a lost puppy and so I avoided anything that would have led to one up until this very one arose from nowhere.

“So what do you plan on wearing for your date??” Zina asked.

“Well Justine already bought me a dress to wear.”

“Awnnn, God when??”

“If someone hears you saying this everytime, they would assume that you were a single pringle but who would have thought that your relationship was even older than mine??”

“So it is now a bad thing to say God when??” she asked with her brow raised.

“It is not oh…miss God when.” I said teasingly.

“Come, please get ready and go for your date.”

“Just say you want me out of the room for your privacy.”I said.

“Ohhhhh…you just read my mind babes.”

I laughed as I went to put on the dress.

“Wow, you look so beautiful.” she said.

“Thanks Z.”

“So, is Justine coming to pick you up??” she asked.

“He told me he was sending his driver here so I want to wait outside for him since they wouldn't allow him into the hostel.”

“Alright dear, Buy me chicken and chips when coming.” she said smiling.

“Yes, mommy.” I said as I laughed and walked out of the door.

As I stood outside the hostel, I noticed the security guy wasn't in his seat and I just smiled thinking of Justine.

Suddenly a student came over to me and asked me to show him where the other hostels were located.

Just as I walked with him, someone covered my mouth from behind and I welcomed darkness.

I opened my eyes back slowly as I tried to figure out where I was but to avail.

It was like a room but dark with just one tiny window.

I walked to the door and tried to open it but it wasn't opening and then I started screaming for help.

“If you shout there again, I will blow your head!!” a male voice said from outside the room.

“Where am I??? What did I do??” I asked but got no response from anyone.

I sat on the floor as I didn't dare to scream anymore in fear of what they would do to me.

Two days went by slowly and I was still locked in the room.

They only came in when they wanted to give me food and did not engage in any dialogue with me.

They also ignored all of my questions and I was getting frustrated.

When I told them I wanted to use the restroom, they brought a bowl for me and although I didn't want to use it, I had no choice.

I knew I was kidnapped but who was behind the kidnap was something I found difficult to figure out as the kidnappers never said a word to me.

I tried to scream again and then, one of them came in and gave a slap so strong on my face that my lips bursted and started bleeding.

“You dey try me abi?? Shey I warn you before make you nor try to make any noise??!!!(Are you trying me, I thought I warned you not to try and make any noise)” he yelled at me.

“Sorry sir.” I said, shivering in fear.

He left as I buried myself in the pool of my tears.

I didn't know what to do anymore as I stink of sweat and feces.

The situation brought back a lot of sad memories as I remembered what happened to me at my stepmother's house.

How I was frequently maltreated and even made to sleep on the floor outside.

I was also worried sick about Justine because I knew he would be so worried trying to look for me.

“Was this how I was going to end??” I asked myself.

I ended up starting to negotiate with them.

“Please if you people need money, you can ask and they will pay you.” I said through the door for them to hear me but it was futile.

“Just let me go please.” I begged them.

I  cried so badly on the floor.

At a point, I even started having nightmares as my fear grew.

One gruesome week passed and I was still here.

I couldn't even smell myself anymore, there was no mirror there but I knew without checking one that I had become a shadow of myself.

There were no tears for me to cry anymore because I had exhausted them and I was even too weak to cry.

Suddenly one of the kidnappers came in.

I sat up straight wondering why he walked in and then suddenly I saw someone walking behind him.

My vision wasn't too clear to figure out who it was.

I noticed the person looked like a woman but my eyes couldn't capture who it was.

“How are you enjoying your stay here??” the person asked.

“Please what have I done?? Why don't you let me go???” I asked.

“I am sorry love but I can't do that because I want you to suffer before you finally die.”

“But just tell me what I did wrong!! Did I offend you??”I yelled out in frustration.

I started crying as I wanted to go home.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk…yelling won't do anything for you girl….and yes, you offended me.”

“How did I do that….I don't even know you.” I said.

“You offended me by taking what belonged to me.” the person said.

“I don't understand.” I said in confusion.

The person then walked out of the darkness and came face to face with me.

“Cassandra??!!”