Chapter 4

CHAPTER FOUR

ELIZABETH’S POV

The moment I saw him, there was this rush of excitement that flooded in me and I was smiling like some kid who just got a candy.

“Will you sit down dumbass!!” My step sister said.

It was enough that I was facing my nightmare at home but it chose to follow me to school as my step sister was also in the same class as I was.

My smile immediately faded away as I sat down but then again, I was curious as to what the stranger was doing in my class.

It was as if my thoughts were read and he suddenly said,

“For the sake of those who weren't here yesterday, I will reintroduce myself,my name is Mr Justine and I am your new Literature teacher.” He said.

The whole class immediately gave him a round of applause and I could even see some of the girls drooling over him.

A new literature teacher who happens to be my life saver, I definitely knew this was going to be a long year.

He then began to call the names of the students in class for attendance.

I kept staring at him and watching his lips move in slow motion.

“Miss Elizabeth young!”

“Sir??” I asked as I snapped back to reality.

Immediately, the whole class burst into laughter.

I looked around in embarrassment and as I stared back at our teacher, my breath stopped for a quick second.

He stared at me with the same intensity as I did and after what seemed like forever, he cleared his throat and said,

“Next time miss young always pay attention in my class or there will be dire consequences.” he said with an angry look on his face.

Well, this new side of him scared me.

“Yes sir, I am sorry.” I said with tears forming in my eyes.

“Awwnnn is the ugly duckling going to cry??” someone from my class said as the rest burst into laughter.

“Enough!!!” Mr Justine yelled.

“And miss young if you know you are going to cry, you can as well just get out of my class let the others concentrate.” Mr Justine said to me.

As soon as I heard those words, it was like my heart broke into a million pieces.

I just couldn't understand why he was nice to me before and mean to me now.

Throughout the duration of the class, I was quiet.

I didn't laugh at any of the jokes said, I didn't smile, I just kept staring at space and it was like I wasn't even breathing.

One thing about me was that I was always adamant on things and so I decided to find out from him what I did wrong to get this cold treatment.

As soon as the bell rang indicating the class was over, I waited for everyone to leave the class and as soon as it was me and Mr justine left, I quickly walked over to him.

“ Yes, what do you want??” he asked without even sparing me a glance.

“Did I do something wrong??” I asked with a low tone.

“And what makes you say so??” he asked.

“Because of the way you acted in class earlier on.” I said.

He scoffed, looked at me for a few seconds and said.

“Little girl I only saved you because I was obligated to and as soon as you were better, I left and so that means I have no business whatsoever with you anymore.”

Hearing those words from him was like getting pierced with needles but what I couldn't figure out was why.

“We only share a teacher to student relationship and that is all it will be, are we clear??” he asked.

“Yes sir.” I answered as I walked away with tears in my eyes.

What was I even expecting anyway, I don't even know him.

All I knew about him was that he saved my life and is my teacher so it's best if I stayed away from him.

Just as I was lost in thoughts, suddenly I felt something covering my nose.

I kicked and struggled to release myself but it seemed like the person was too strong for me and so within seconds, My vision became blurry and before I knew it I passed out cold.

I slowly opened my eyes after regaining consciousness and tried figuring out where I was.

After looking around hopelessly, I suddenly realized I was in the school’s cold room where food and drinks were being kept by the caterers in school.

I walked up to the door and tried opening but it was locked from the outside.

Immediately, fear gripped me as I started screaming for help.

I don't know how long I screamed for but I knew I couldn't scream anymore as I lost my voice.

As the cold got worse, I started shivering but was using the last strength I had to bang the door on the cold room.

With time, I knew I was losing my senses but in that dire moment I was happy knowing fully well I would soon join my Mother and Father wherever they were.

Soon I couldn't feel anything anymore as my hands and feet became numb from the cold.

Just as I was slowly giving up, the cold room door suddenly opened and the last thing I heard before passing out was someone screaming my name and begging me to open my eyes.