Chapter 20

CHAPTER TWENTY

JUSTINE'S POV

“Mr Justine, you have a few minutes to explain to all of us here why you portrayed that animalistic character towards your student.” the principal asked.

I thanked them and explained everything that had happened starting from the time I saw Elizabeth licking his shoes to the dance event.

“So with these said, are we now accepting bullying behaviors from students??” I asked.

“You are a bloody liar!!! My sweet son would never do such things.” Robin's Mother said.

Some of the teachers seated were already looking at me with disgust but I cared less as I stood my ground to defend myself.

“I don't have any reason to lie against your son, madam.” I said.

“Shut that mouth of yours before I do it for you!! Have you seen my son's face???” Robin's Mother asked.

“Did you bother to ask your son what he did??” I asked.

“Yes, we did and he said he didn't do anything.”

“And you believed him??” I asked.

“Of course we do, he is our son.” Robin's Father said.

I smiled and shaked my head in shame.

“I deeply apologize for doing that to his face, I should have just given him the worst punishment.” I said.

Suddenly I heard murmuring amongst everyone.

“Young man, you have guts….but I will teach you such a bitter lesson that you would wish for death itself” Robin's Father threatened.

“Principal, why is he still in this school??? I thought you would have given him a sack letter by now???” Robin’s Mother said.

“And who gave you that right to threaten my son???” I heard a woman's voice say.

I turned around and was shocked to see my Mother standing at the door.

The surprised looks on everyone's faces were priceless, especially mine.

“So you called your Mother to come fight for you like a little child???” One of the teachers said.

“Will you keep that poverty stricken hole you call a mouth shut or I would do it for you.” My Mother said.

“Mom, what are you doing??...you aren't supposed to be here, I was handling things.” I said in a whisper.

“Yeah, sure you were handling things.” she said.

“In all my life, I have never seen where a school tolerates bullying behaviors and even as a founder of almost 5 universities, I still haven't witnessed this.” she added.

Suddenly the whispers and murmuring started again.

“That would not help my son recover madam so please if you don't have anything reasonable to say, take your bragging self out of here.”

My Mother suddenly bursts into laughter.

“I am the founder of the top 5 universities in the country and my Husband is David Spencer, Prime Minister in traveling affairs of the United States and the co-founder of D&S oil and Gas.”

“D&S?? I've been hearing about that company, it is the best in the oil and gas business.” the teachers whispered amongst themselves.

“And you may be wondering what D&S stands for but I will tell you all.”

“It stands for David, my husband and Spencer, my son here.” she said as she pointed at me.

The shocks on their faces, including Robin's parents, were worth seeing.

I was more shocked than all of them because I kept wondering how my Mother found my place of work.

Leaving my Fathers company to start a life of my own which included hiding from my Mothers view was something I thought I did so well but this just proved otherwise.

“As for your son, he deserved everything he got.”

“Bullies tend to have no future whatsoever and your son falls under that category…..and as for this stupid school that tolerates bullying as a norm, I will do everything in my power to make sure I shut it down…my son resigns which is effective immediately….now that is the definition of bragging” My Mother said.

I pulled my Mothers hands and took her from the office and outside so we could talk.

As we got outside the school building, she pulled her hand away.

“What are you doing here Mom??” I asked.

“Is that a way to greet the person who birthed you??” My Mother asked.

“I am sorry Mother.” I said as I hugged her and greeted her properly.

“Better.”

“Son, is it the nonsense you tolerate here??” My Mother yelled out of anger.

The least thing I needed was for my Mother to create a scene at my place of work and so I tried to get her to follow me home for us to talk better.

“Mom, let us get home first and then I will explain to you everything.”

“No, son, you should have allowed me to deal with those unfortunate people.”

“Mother, I promise we will talk about it at all but for now let us go home.” I said.

She agreed and we drove off to my house.

On getting to my house, my Mother scanned every nook and cranny of the house with her eyes.

“So this is where you choose to settle after leaving a luxurious life??” she said.

“Mother I have told you and Father countless reasons why I left but that is not the issue at hand right now…how did you find me??

“It wasn't a difficult thing to do because I always have my ways.”

“It wasn't a nice thing popping up on my work place like that without notice and also blowing my cover Mother.”

“You call that stupid place a workplace??...you should be glad I came at the right time to teach them a lesson.”

“I was already handling things there Mother.”

“Yes sure you were, and Just have it in mind that you aren't going back there again.”

“Mother I am and you can't dictate to me what I can and can't do because I am not a kid.”

“I have made that decision for you and it stands.” she said.

“Mother, it seems you still don't understand me…I am going back to work there.”

“Then that would be over my dead body!!!” she yelled.

I really was pissed off and wasn't in the mood to exchange words with my Mother and so I took my car keys.

“Where are you going??” she asked.

“To get some fresh air.” I said as I walked away.

“Son? Come back here while I am talking to you…son??!!”

She kept on calling my name but I walked out of the house to get fresh air as I needed space at that moment.