Chapter 7

CHAPTER SEVEN

ELIZABETH’S POV

Suddenly I saw myself walking down a lonely but beautiful path with flowers all around not knowing where I was.

I opened my mouth in awe as I observed such beautiful sites and just when I was about to enter into a place with the brightest light reflection I have ever seen, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around suddenly and met a very beautiful woman smiling at me.

“My dearest Elizabeth.” the beautiful woman said.

I kept wondering how she knew my name because I definitely haven't seen her in my entire life.

“Who are you??” I asked out of curiosity.

“Bother not yourself on who I am dearest.” she said.

Confusion began to set in my mind as I kept on asking myself where I was and who the strange woman was too.

“My dearest, you have a long way ahead of you and although the journey may not be so smooth, you will have someone to help you along the way.” she said.

Ok, this woman was beginning to speak in riddles.

“I don't understand ma’am.” I said in confusion.

“You will understand everything with time, but for now you are not supposed to be here.” she said.

“Am I dead??” I asked with my eyes wide open.

She suddenly burst into laughter.

“No dearest, you are not dead.” she answered.

“Oh thank the heavens.” I said with relief.

“It's time to go back now Elizabeth, he is waiting for you…. and know that I have and will always love and be with you my dearest daughter.”

Wait a minute, it's my Mother.

“Mom???!!”

She smiled and waved at me as she disappeared slowly.

“Mom!!! Wait, Mother, wait for me!!!.” I screamed as tears dropped down my face.

“Mom!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed again as I suddenly opened my eyes.

“Doctor!! Nurse!! She is awake!!.” someone yelled.

My vision was still blurry as I tried figuring out who was with me.

Some strange people came over to me and started flashing some kind of light in my eyes which irritated me.

“Where am I???” I asked.

“You are at a hospital love.” someone answered.

I squinted my eyes in an attempt to see the person who answered my question sitting beside me and when I finally did, I was shocked.

“You again???” I asked.

“In the flesh, yes.” Mr Justine answered.

“Why are you even here???” I asked in annoyance.

“Is that a way to thank someone who saved your life for the second time??” he asked with an amused look on his face.

“I never asked for you to do that.” I asked, rolling my eyes.

As much as I was glad to be alive, I still haven't forgotten what he said to me in class and how hurt I was because of that.

“Lizzy, look….”

“Don't call me that Mr Justine, you and I share no such relationship for you to call me nicknames and that you made very clear to me yesterday.” I said.

“Yesterday??? Elizabeth, you have been in the hospital for a month plus now.” he said.

I didn't know the time I burst into uncontrollable laughter  because what he said was very funny.

“I don't like that joke Mr Justine.” I said.

“I am not joking Elizabeth, It's been over a month since you went into a coma.” he said with a serious look on his face.

“Wait what!!!!” I yelled.

“Yes, a whole month and some days.” he said.

I then burst into tears knowing fully well I was helpless and Mr Justine hugged me and comforted me assuring me that all would be fine.

“And the culprits who did this to me???” I asked.

We will talk about that later love but for now, you need to rest.

I nodded in approval as I closed my eyes and welcomed darkness.

Mr Justine was with me at the hospital for two more days before I was discharged.

I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me that neither my stepmother or step sister came to visit me in the hospital while I was in a coma.

But something happened the day I got discharged from the hospital.

Mr Justine cleared my bills and completed the necessary formalities in the hospital and I was grateful for that because no one was there to do it for me.

Just as we left the hospital and I was about to board a bus back home, Mr Justine suddenly held my hand and stopped me.

I looked at him strangely and also looked at my hand he was holding and he got the cue and dropped his hand.

“Elizabeth, I have something I want to tell you.”

“Hmmm what is it???” I asked.

“Well first, I want to apologize to you for the way I spoke in class that day.” he said.

“No Mr Justine, it's fine and I totally understand why you did that.”

“No dear you don't understand.” he said.

“You are talking in riddles sir, please explain to me properly.”

“I only said those things to you because someone was eavesdropping on our conversation outside the classroom door.”

“What???” I said surprised.

“Yes and it was your stepsister.” he said.

“Well I am not surprised about that at all because she is that kind of person.” I said.

“But then again, if that wasn't what you wanted to say to me that day, then what was it???” I added.

“I know this may sound strange to you but Elizabeth, ever since I set my eyes on you, I haven't been able to get you off my mind.” he said.

I opened my mouth slightly in surprise because I was dumbfounded.

“Elizabeth, I think I am in love with you.”