~CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR~

I just want to start this part with a small disclaimer of sorts. Within these next few chapters of the book, a couple topics will be touched on. I ask that if you are uncomfortable with any of the listed, that you just skip past them. If you come across anything while reading that makes you uneasy, please I implore you to just click off. The chapters containing the such will me marked with an "*" as a sign.

(potential mild/heavy topics of the following : mentions of abuse - drinking/drugs - 18+ scenes - manipulation - mentions of cheating - etc. other smaller things)I don't want anyone to feel like they have to stay and read, because that is absolutely not the case. But if you have chosen to stay, please enjoy!!

"You should finish the rest of your pretzel munchkin. Plane food isn't much better." Looking up from your phone as you notice she's just staring off into space.

Her head snapped to look back at you after you spoke. "What are they like?"

Being taken aback by the sudden question, your eyebrows furrow a bit in thought. "The ghouls in the band?" Earning a nod in return, you carry on. "A bit chaotic, but loving and carefree nonetheless." Pinching a fry from her half eaten plate and popping it into your mouth to chew. "Why do you ask?"

"Do you think they'll like me?"

Growing even more confused than before as to where these questions are coming from. "Of course they will. Mauve, they're gonna love you, you've got nothing to worry about alright?"

"Then why are you worried?" Taking your silence as a cue to continue. "I can feel it rolling off you Nessi, please don't lie."

"I'd never think about lying to you dumplin." Seeing the somewhat easing look on her face, you carry on speaking. "I'm just a bit worried about seeing them all again is all."

Raising an accusing eyebrow as she crossed her arms, she leaned back to rest against the plastic dining chair. "No you're not. You're worried about seeing someone." Taking a short break to grab a sip of her oreo flavored shake. "Who is it? It has to be someone special enough to make you this nervous. What'd they do? Do I have to have a sit down with them?"

The semi panic was clear in her voice as she sat up straight in only a matter of seconds. "No no," letting out a small laugh at her attempt of being serious, "I'm just worried because I'm not too sure how they feel right now. Nothing they did or anything."

Huffing out an unamused breath of air at the fact that she was just laughed at for her very serious poker face. "Whatever Nessi, you're so mean to me." Turning to look out the small airport cafe's front window, still crossing her arms in a way to say she's displeased.

Struggling to contain the smile invading your face, you go to stand and grab the finished tray of food on the table. "Yeah yeah yeah, still love you though munchkin. Come on, we don't wanna miss the flight do we?"

Whirling around to just see you turn towards the trashcan and drop the disposable tray. Spinning back on your heel, you're met with the ghoul cub just staring at you with wide eyes. "You okay Mauve?" You ask, worried that the human shifting might have gotten to her after being in her other form for a while.

Shaking her head, as if to rid some thoughts away, she looked back up at you with a smile this time. "Yup yup, come on, we've got a flight to catch!"

Allowing the smaller human shifted ghoul to pull you along till she didn't know where she was going. Once reaching the end of the food court, you gently give her hand a squeeze as you directed her towards where the two of you needed to go.