31.

-
[Reese pov.]

Years passed, and it seemed like time was going so fast. Our first daughter, Samantha, was in high school.

Our second daughter, Daniel, was in middle school. Our triplets, Nick, Blake, and Jack, were six years old already, and Tara was five.

It seemed like yesterday that I announced that I was pregnant with Sam.

Billy and Stu have been the best dads ever. We made this amazing family. Our life was just great.

Billy became a cop, a detective, actually. It's ironic how he's assigned to his own murders.

He frames a lot of people. Bad people, who did bad things to children. Stu became a teacher at the high school, and I became a guidance counselor at the high school.

"Mommy! Have you seen my markers?" Nick, the oldest triplet questioned.

He looked like a mini Billy, but he had blonde hair and blue eyes. He acted a lot like Billy sometimes.

We almost lost him. We were just lucky that I was getting an ultra sound when his heart stopped.

I had to get an emergency c-section. Nick was born dead, but he wasn't dead for long. They brought him back.

The triplets were born a month earlier, but at least Nick is still alive, and that's all that matters.

"They're on the table, sweetheart." I replied

"Okay. Thank you, Mommy." He said, and I smiled, watching him grab his markers before rushing off.

I really love my kids.
- -
[Stu's pov.]

I saw Nick running into the living room, and he fell to his knees in front of me. I was sitting on the floor.

"Okay! I got the markers, dad. Let me see your left arm." He said, and I held out my arm for him.

I wonder what he was doing. He rolled up my sleeve before he took off my bracelets.

"Nick -" I started, but he took off a cap of one of his markers.

He held my arm in his tiny hand, and he started to draw on my scars.

"It's okay, dad. You don't have to explain to me how you got them. I just wanna draw on them cause you're always hiding them," he said ,

"I just want to make them pretty enough so you don't have to hide them around us." He added before sticking out his tongue in focus.

I stare at Nick, unsure what to say. He's drawing on my scars, so I don't have to hide them.

"What -" I cleared my throat ,"What are you drawing?"

"Flowers! Look, pink and white are Papa's and mama's favorite flower. Blue is for yours and mine. Purple is for Tara's, red for Jack and blake, and yellow is for Sam," he replied

"I'm writing our names on the flowers. That way, you can show us off!" He said with an excited grin before he frowned

"Why are you crying, dad?" I smiled at him ,"just happy tears, sweetheart."

He smiled ,"it's washable markers, dad, though I kinda wish it could be permanent."

"Then why don't we make it permanent? After you're done, why don't we go to the tattoo shop and make it permanent? That way, it will never wash off, and I don't have to hide my scars anymore." I told him

"Really!? Awesome!" He said, moving his feet side to side in excitement, and I chuckled.
- -
[Billy's pov.]

It was a long day at work, and I wanted nothing more than to go home and spend time with my family.

I finally made it home, and I entered the house. "Hey! I'm home!" I announced

"Papa!" I smiled as my kids came running towards me.

I crouched down and hugged them all. Placing a kiss to their heads.

"Papa, how was your day?" Nick questioned,

"It was okay, it's better now that I'm home." I said

"Papa! Dad got tattoos!" Tara said, and I looked at her surprised, "What?"

"I drew on his scars, Papa. Dad got it permanently tattooed cause he said he liked it too much, and he didn't want it to wash away." Nick explained as I stood up, and he grabbed my hand.

"Come on." I followed after the kids and into the kitchen.

"Dad, show Papa your tattoos!" Jack said, running up to stu who chuckled.

"Hi, Billy. Before you say anything, Reese already gave me an earful for taking Nick to a tattoo shop." Stu said, and I chuckled

"I took our kids to a crime scene." He giggled before rolling up his sleeves, and my eyes widened.

"It's beautiful. They're beautiful." I said, and he smiled

"Nick's our little artist. Look, the white flower? It has your name on it. Every flower has everyone's name." Stu said, and I noticed it.

"Who wants Mac and cheese!?" Reese questioned

"Me!"
"Me!"
"Me!"

The kids shouted, running to the dining table, but Nick stayed behind.

"I missed you, Papa. Do you think we can hang out after dinner?" He questioned

I already told him that he never had to ask me that, but he always does. Nick was just different from all the other children.

"Yeah, absolutely. Go eat." He nodded, and he quickly hugged me before going over to the dining room.

"Your wrists are beautiful, stu." He blushed

"You have to thank, Nick. I really love our kids."

I look over at our kids who were chatting.

"Yeah, me too."
----------------------------------
Word count - 905

Final chapter!

Hope you enjoy!

The sequel will be out soon!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting!