Chapter 23**

"Cale " Basen was in shock, he had to help him immediately it wasn't good.

"Help me, get him to the ground."  With Rosalyn's help, Basen sat Cale down on the floor of the plaza.

"Go find a doctor, now!"  He shouted at the others as they turned, the three Northeastern nobles took off running.

"Hyung, can you hear me?" His brother remained silent, only the sound of his labored breathing could be heard.

"Don't worry, they'll come back, we'll help you!"  He tried to reassure him or reassure himself even he couldn't say.

Cale closed his eyes he tried to calm down but the pain was too much and he was losing too much blood for his weak body.

"Hyung stay awake don't fall asleep!"  Basen had tears in his eyes but he shouldn't cry in front of so many people.

"Young Master Basen..." Basen almost forgot Taylor's presence with him.

"Do you know what to do to help him?" He asked in desperation, he would do anything to help her.

"No, I'm sorry but they should come back with someone to take care of him, don't worry." He called back and put his hand on Basen's shoulder to comfort him, that's all he could do.

Meanwhile, Cale was practically praying for the ancient powers to stop healing him, as long as it did so it would cause him damage that he would try to heal, it was an endless loop of pain. He didn't know what would kill him first: blood loss or his soul eventually breaking.

"Please stop..." Being half-conscious, he didn't even realize he'd said it out loud.

Basen froze, he was sure his brother was in horrible pain and wanted it to calm down. "I'm sorry, you have to endure it a little longer, it will be over soon." 

Cale didn't respond, a voice inside his head appeared.

-Hmm... looks like there's a problem... hmm? The ancient power seemed really confused.

"Stop..." It was getting harder and harder to stay conscious but he had to make the ancient power understand.

"Cale, don't worry I'm with you." Basen tried to calm him down again but it didn't seem to be working, Cale didn't even seem to be paying attention to his surroundings.

-Okay, I get it, we can talk about it later. You will definitely pass out soon.

As soon as the ancient power said it, Cale closed his eyes and fell unconscious, leaving the others to panic as he did.

"No Cale, please stay with me!" Basen shook Cale by the shoulders but his brother didn't wake up. He raised his head to ask for help from Taylor or Rosalyn who had not left his side. Before they could do anything Eric and the others had finally returned with a priest. The man crouched down next to Cale so he could quickly check on him, a bright light quickly surrounded him. Everyone close to Cale was impatient to know what he was going to say and especially for him to be cured.

It lasted a few minutes but the report definitely wouldn't be good, they could tell just by the man's expression. "I can't do anything with my powers, I'm sorry... He would need several potions to restore the blood he lost, it's something dangerous for him, also he seems to have internal injuries it's where the blood comes but I can't heal it, my powers don't work..."

"He's going to, he's just going to die then?" Basen really didn't want to ask that but he had to know.

"I don't know...the blood can stop on its own and it can heal, we have to wait and see." After the healer's words, Basen's pupils could be seen shaking in fear. Everyone around them who knew Cale was worried.