Chapter 38**

Cale was thinking about what to do when he heard a trembling voice.

"Hyung, what are you talking about?" 

Basen had entered his room without knocking. Cale just hoped he hadn't heard the whole conversation.

"I was just talking about something with Young Master Taylor, nothing too important."

He couldn't see the look of people in orb without forgetting the invisible dragon.

"Hyung... I heard everything... stop lying."

Cale sighed as Basen looked at him worriedly.

" It's not-"

"Of course it doesn't matter, you're just dying." Cage finished Cale's words, she was a little upset that Cale wasn't telling the truth about his condition when he clearly seemed worried as well as downplaying his actual condition.

Taylor tried to stop him but it was too late.

All eyes were now on her.

Cale's head was filled with the voice of a crying child, while the kittens had already moved closer to him. The only one who hadn't reacted yet was his brother.

Cale looked at him, Basen was very pale. He looked like he was about to pass out.

"Hyung..." Basen looked at him with an incredulous but completely panicked look. He wanted to get closer to his brother or at least sit on something. He wasn't going to be able to follow this conversation standing up.

With shaky steps he managed to join Cale on his bed.

"Cale, please explain to me."  Basen practically wanted to beg Cale to talk to him. He really didn't want to lose him now that he had gotten to know him. He really wanted him to stay alive with their family.

In front of the look he got, Cale could only tell the truth. Well he was already too traditional anyway. He wouldn't be able to calm down his brother or the children.

He glared at Cage who was just looking at him with a smile, she didn't look sorry at all.

"*sigh* Okay, the god of death made a mistake and there is a problem with my soul."

"And it's gradually killing him and getting worse if he uses these powers." 

" Cage !"

"What, you see he's trying to hide information!"

"Hyung, you knew that right? And you continued to use them. And if you were dead, we wouldn't even have known why!" Basen was now yelling at Cale while crying. He was really frustrated. Why doesn't Cale care more about his health in addition to his family? Doesn't he know it would have been sad to lose him? How can he be so stupid?!

"Basen, I'm sorry okay. I didn't want to worry you. The god of death is trying to find a solution for my condition. I'm not going to die." He tried to reassure them but it didn't really have much effect. He just ended up letting them calm down on their own.

It took a while but Basen spoke again, looking at the orb.

"Cale accepts help, can you come right away?"

Cage nodded and they cut off the call.

"Basen, you should think first, this god is not very sure."

"I don't care, I'm taking the risk."

The room fell silent again as they waited for Cage and Taylor to arrive.

A few minutes later, they appeared in Cale's room.

"Good now that everything is accepted. The god of death will tell me what this gift is."

Cage then patiently listened to his god speak to him. But his expression was becoming angry.

"*sigh* This god is really useless."

With these words the others looked at him with a confused and impatient look.

"He suggests going through a death wish as I explained first but with this wish all the people who have passed it will be able to see the real state of young master Cale. And know if his condition is getting worse or not and no matter where we are."

"...This doesn't solve anything at all..." Basen was in disbelief. Cage was right he really is a useless god.

"I agree...well...who wants to take this wish?" Cage asked everyone the question.

Before anyone could answer, Cale asked another question.

"Is this dangerous for the people who will take the vow?"

Nobody paid attention to him.

"I want to do it."  Basen was the first to say it.

Cage and Taylor said the same.

Another person also responded.

"I want to do it too!" 

A little black dragon materialized in front of everyone.

Cage and Taylor were surprised by the presence of this mythical being but if it was the young master Cale then anything is possible.

"Of course Dragon-nim." Cage quickly agreed.

"Can we bring Choi han in as well? As a personal guard, it would be good for him to be there."

"Can you go get him please."  Basen asked the little dragon who left immediately.

"Can we do that too?" Two little voices are manifested.

Everyone looked at the two cats.

"Kids from the cat tribe?"

"Yes, hyung adopted them."

Taylor and Cage looked at Cale with a look of admiration, which Cale ignored.

Shortly after Choi han came running, the little dragon had explained everything to him on the way. He immediately accepted without asking more.

Once everyone was gathered, Cage made the wish. Everyone followed these words, one after the other. They could all sense Cale's state and looked at him with a trembling gaze.