Chapter 43**

Once the explosion dissipated all that was left was the remains of a dead dragon and some black liquid. Cale was able to hear a voice in his head speaking to him at the same time.

Everyone was praising the little black dragon as Cale instinctively approached the corpse.

The voice was getting closer and louder.

He did not notice that someone was approaching him to pull his arm preventing him from going.

"Young master, what are you doing?" Cage had caught up with him.

"Hmm, the ancient power I hear." Cale said without turning around it wasn't something new for him.

"Are you well, young master?" Cage looked at him like he was crazy. Their conversation attracted others who had the same look.

"Is this a new trick to make us believe that you must take the old power?" Basen asked suspiciously.

"I'm not lying, it's like that every time. "Cale told his brother and the others straight-faced, hoping they would believe him.

"It doesn't matter, you shouldn't take it back, it's too dangerous for you."

"But I want to take it."

"You can wait for the god of death to at least heal you!"

"What if someone takes it first, someone bad."

"We can take it for you." Cage suggested.

"No thanks, I prefer to take it myself."

"Hyung, you're going to pass out again!!" Basen was really fed up with his brother.

"And then I'll get over it like every time!" He removed his arm from Cage and continued walking towards the corpse, he wasn't going to let an ancient power pass under his nose.

"Hyung no!" Too late for them Cale was surrounded by black mud as he spoke to the ancient power and reclaimed it.

The others were waiting for him not far away with worried looks.

Cale quickly joined them.

" Are you doing well ?" Basen seemed surprised.

Before he reached the others he tripped. Choi han quickly caught him before he hit the ground.

" I'm doing well."

Despite these words they could sense that from the bond of the god of death that Cale was suffering in addition to worsening his condition.

"You should go home, I've done my part of the bargain, if I can ask you something more. Can you leave the dragon's remains with me and deal with the dead mana? I would need it." Cale looked at the whales as he said it while he was still supported by Choi han.

The looks he received were clearly judgmental but he ignored them.

"That's true but young master you should rest, you don't seem very well." Both Paston and Witiria were worried about him.

"I'm perfectly fine."

Choi han let go of him just slightly to prove him wrong and he fell immediately.

"We can go back to the county now that we're done here."

No one could refuse Basen's words.

Once back Cale was taken back to his room. Basen is busy sending back the whales.

Of course Basen then went to report to their father who must have already known about their return and surely someone must have seen Cale walking supported by Choi han. He preferred to speak directly to the count rather than turning everything around out of worry. He didn't forget to pick up Cage on the way before going to his office. The count was already in the presence of his mother, they had already planned that he would come to see them

He spoke to both of them who changed color as the conversation progressed as expected. But he also told them about the gift that the god of death had given to help Cale. He asked Cage if other people could still pass it, she confirmed that the Count and Countess could pass it. Obviously, they accepted.

Cale slept for a few hours while Basen and Violant persuaded the Count not to hire any doctors from the two continuing after getting a glimpse of Cale's true condition.