✩ Chapter 8

Jaxie Woke up at 4:00 am,

Way before any of the bell birds could call the arrival of a new day.

We had to get up extremely early or else she'd be caught.

Willow comes along.

The sky was still a deep dark purple as the sun had not risen yet she put on a dark colored cloak and brought a large basket with her.

She snuck out to her dorm balcony and leaped out.

She carefully crept on the roof.

She skipped into a tree or nearby and climbed down.

Then she hopped into a field and ran for about 2 hours until she found exactly what she was looking for,

A farmers market.

All the farmers were Getting ready for the new day to sell more crops and there was always a brief window of time where all the farmers would get together and have a drink and a laugh,

Leaving their stalls unattended.

Through the shadows of the early morning.

She snatched carrots, beetroot, fish, anything She could get her hands on in a short period of time and as quickly as she came, She left.

Jaxie: "Willow, quickly throw this onto the roof as I climb the tree, please? This basket gets really heavy"

Willow chirped in agreement her tiny body was actually a lot stronger than it seemed ,she quickly chucked it onto the roof and as Jaxie leaped through the tree with ease, using her claws to dig into the bark.

Jaxie: "Do you mind helping me also put all this food into the kitchen before the others wake up?

I don't want them to know I've been stealing this stuff."

Willow chirps back.

Jaxie: "No, I can't just buy food.

They don't give us any money at this goddamn place.

I'm guessing that most of the kids here have trust funds,

so they can buy whatever they want all the time , it's no different than on earth!

For fucks sake they didn't even give us clothes other than the uniform that we had to PAY for them.

Do you know how long it took me to scavenge enough gold coins from the lost and found-

At least I had something to care about on earth ...."

Willow was staring at her.

Jaxie: "sorry i am going on a rant again ,I should probably eat something so I can clear my head..."

Jaxie snatches a small apple from the fridge to nibble on in her bedroom.

She stares at her uniform that's hanging in her closet and she remembers the envelope that she was given 4 days ago. It was sticking out of her pocket a little bit.

She took a quick look around ,and creeped to the closet and slowly picked it out.

She opened it slowly.

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓙𝓪𝔁𝓲𝓮, 

𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓸𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 , 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓯 . 

 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓩𝓪𝔁𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓯𝓽 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 ,𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻.