✩ Chapter 26

Eris let out an audible gasp.

She was staring at where Jaxie's leg used to be.

Eris: "JAXIE are you alrigh-"

Jaxie: "No."

Her eye was tired. she brushed her hair out for the first time in a while.

It was a lot longer than they thought it was, and it went down elegantly against her back.

She discarded the white fancy shirt she adorned before.

She now wore a red shirt with black trousers with a part of the leg ripped out to show off her prosthetic that was self-made.

Eris: "-ht I'm sorry I should've not made kiya mad I really messed up I'm sorry..."

Jaxie: "Kiya.....Kiya would have gotten mad anyways..."

She said, with a tired vocal fry in her voice.

Eris: "I honestly don't know what to say.."

Wynna: "J-Jax? Are...you ok..?"

She crept up beside Jaxie gently asking the question almost as if she could feel the pain coming from Jaxie's leg.

Jaxie: "Winne...I'm as ok as I can be"

Wynna: "You could eat some white willow? That can help with pain"

Jaxie: "That won't help this"

Kiya carefully made their way towards the stream from behind the bushes that Jaxie, Eris and Wynna were standing from.

Kiya: "God why did this have to happen?..."

Kiya says to herself.

Jaxie noticed Kiya and flinched , But it caused pain in the place where they're leg once was.

She didn't say anything.

Kiya: "Thinking back on it, maybe I shouldn't have made everyone go to that damn underwater kingdom..."

Their reflection stared back at them from the stream.

The flowing water almost like it was taunting them.

Kiya straightened themselves and looked up, Finally, noticing the others.

Jaxie's eye widened.

Kiya: "oh...um hey guys...."

Jaxie looked away.

Wynna: "Kiya..."

She hid behind Jaxie.

Eris: "Look what happened is done there's no point of going nuts over it but kiya I still can't believe that you cut off Jaxie's leg!"

She said rapidly.

Kiya: "Eris I was trying not to bring attention to that..."

Eris: "This isn't the first time you hurt others because of your anger issues. I understand that you wanted to get over Evelyn's and Daniel's death but people can't just get over it like you are!"

She said even faster.

Kiya: "Eris just shut up!....i'm trying to move on so it doesn't distract me when we get to the end of this adventure!..."

Kiya would say while tears fell down their faces.

Jaxie: "I wish I could ignore it.."

Her voice had embittered undertones, she picked up a bucket full of water and left.

Wynna followed close behind.

Eris: "So hurting Jaxie didn't bother you that much huh?? you know sometimes it's best if you try your best to be there for your friends emotionally sometimes!"