✩ Chapter 25

Jaxie slowly layed down Evelyn in the meter deep grave, the sweet cider wood dust covered their face.

The morning sun shined on the cider wood pole that Apollo had carved out with his sword.

A similar poll was right next to that one made for Daniel, burying whatever they had left of him.

Willow buried herself in Jaxie's collar, attempting to make her feel better.

It had been around a day after the fight that caused the losses,

They were out of the water, now de-transformed.

They were buried side by side underneath a tree's shade.

Wynna was a little bit behind, asleep underneath a different tree.

Jaxie Had not let her see what happened.

Apollo: "Guys, I think we should get a move on. not to be rude or anything, but this really shows that we have a lot to do"

He said in a soft somber voice, trying not to anger any of them.

Elios and Ashley decided to stay quiet, for once, they decided that now was not the time for an argument

They all started to pack up to leave.,

As they started walking away, Eirs stopped walking and stepped back, staring at the two poles.

She went close to them and whispered

Eris: "Rest in peace you both I hope you both are now in peace and... happiness up there..."

She stood up, her knees shaking.

She felt like tears were welling up behind her eyes, but she didn't let them spill out, as she usually would have.

She didn't know why that was, though she just felt as if she couldn't.

Days, weeks, then months passed.

Ashley decided to stress the fact that they had to go to Ethreum.

Although that trip would have been way way longer than they had realized.

It had been four months since they buried their friends.

And along that road and path, they saw the carnages of towns and cities.

Many of them had the same flag, a red and white striped one with a black lily in the middle.

Along the travels, they had learned that that was the flag of Lorenzo's "movement", as he'd call it.

They'd seen up close, the ravaging diseases that he'd create, then, with his army, distributed by bombing the places that didn't submit to him.

They were now in an open field.

The sun was high at noon.

Kiya: "Yea I don't know Apollo, my breath has been feeling short and my nose has been bleeding.."

Apollo: "Yeah. And your morning sickness..."

Elios: "Hey, Apollo, did you...."

He didn't complete his sentence.

They all froze, It was a black patch yet again.

But to that point, they'd seen countless black patches and did the proper ritual with the sand and the sticks.

But this time it was larger. Actually, it was the largest.

Wynna: "That one is really big...It smells horrible too"