hotel rooms.

Eleanor sighs as Ricky turns off the car, currently they're at a hotel in the same city where her dad lives.
Her dad.

The little over 3 hours drive (excluding breaks they took) was exhausting for both of them.

Ricky because of the driving he did, and for Eleanor because of the fact she the whole time was worrying about meeting her birth dad.

She knows he wants to see her, he showed up multiple times afterall, but what if he changes his mind after getting to know her again?

That's one of the thoughts that had been clouding her mind while sitting in the passenger seat of the orange car.

Ricky's hand had been on her thigh the whole time, knowing she didn't want to talk but letting her know he's there.

She was and still is thank full for that.

"Ready?" Ricky asks, reaching towards the backseat to grab both their bags.

They aren't planning on staying too long, they booked the hotel room for three days, so they just packed their school bag with clothes and some other important stuff.

Eleanor nods. "Yeah, let's go inside."

Her hair which she put in two ponytails is swinging behind her back as they walk towards the entrance.

It's quite late already, seeing they both decided they deserved some rest after the days spend at his moms, so they left around dinner time.

With that they decided to go and see her dad tomorrow, not wanting to bother him at this time.

"Hi, I have a room booked." Ricky says as they walk up to the reception.

The woman looks up. "What name?"

"Bowen."

She types something into the system before looking up. "Ah, yeah room 206."

After getting the key they got into the elevator to the second floor.

Eleanor puts the key in the lock and twists it to unlock the door.

When they open the door they 're met with an simple room, a bed, table, closet and an attached bathroom and a small balcony.

Not the most perfect room, but they didn't care. They looked for an cheap one anyways.

Ricky groans, falling onto his back on the bed, making sure his shoes are still on the bed.  "I'm so tired."

Eleanor chuckles as she places her bag on the floor by the table. "I can tell, you had been touchy the last hour in the car."

One thing she noticed about her soulmate is that when he is tired/sleepy he gets touchy, holding hands and if possible cuddling.

He looks up at her, watching her stand next to the table with her arms crossed. "Come here." He opens his arms.

She doesn't think twice about it as she walks towards him and lays down in his arms, also making sure her shoes aren't on the bed.

"Your dad will be happy to see you, you know that." Ricky whispers, hands being pushed under her sweater to rest on her bare back.

"I know." And she does. "But what if he decides not wanting anything to do with me after he gets to know me again?"

"Baby, you're overthinking it all. He won't. He's your father, he will love you no matter what. He loves you no matter what."

She sighs, nuzzling her head into his neck. "I hope so."

Not another word is said as Ricky simply holds her, realizing she doesn't want to talk about it.

Eleanor sighs as she feels her phone buzz in the pocket of her jeans.

She slowly moves up, only now realizing Ricky had fallen asleep as she sees his eyes closed, a small smile on his face.

She carefully to not disturb him sits up and grabs her phone from her pocket.

Mom

Dinners almost finished, will you be home soon?

She shakes her head, turning her phone off as she sighs.

She hadn't told her mom she is gonna see her dad, knowing she will not agree with it.

So instead she just said she would hangout with Ricky, technically she is, she never said she would be in Salt Lake City.

She also never said how long she would hang out for.

Right? So she didn't technically lie.

The girl her eyes then move up to another text.

sebby❣️

goodluck with your dad!!
i love you, el!!

She is gonna see her dad tomorrow.

fuck.

Instantly all kind of thoughts are coming to her head, not good ones.

Eleanor hurries off the bed to reach her bag.

Next she walks out onto the small balcony, she isn't sure if she is allowed to smoke on here.

But she honestly doesn't care and simply lits a cigarette.

Both she and Ricky had talked about stopping, knowing how bad it is for their health.

But she just has been craving and definetly needed one right now.

She needs nicotine.

She leans on the railing of the balcony and stares at the dark city lost in thought.

Meanwhile Ricky had woken up after realizing the bed feels a bit empty and looks around the room once he realizes Eleanor wasn't in bed anymore.

He spots the balcony doors being openand quickly spots hos girlfriend standing there.

He wraps his arms around her waist from behind and rests his chin on the top of her head.

She sighs, closing her eyes as she leans into him.

"I know we would stop." She whispers.

"But you needed it right now, I know. And I understand, it's okay." He assures her.

She knew he would understand.

Not much more is said as they stand there, Eleanor every now and then taking a drag from her cigarette.

"It's a shame we never had hotel sex before." Eleanor randomly thinks outloud.

Ricky looks down at her with an amused expression. "Then maybe we should change that, huh?"

She grins, grabbing his hand and pulling him inside.

That night her mind was on Ricky and Ricky only, not once did she overthink about her dad again.