barn dates.

CHAPTER THIRTEENbarn dates

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
barn dates.

"Eleanor?' Ricky mutters, still half asleep as the girl moves out of his arms

"Eleanor?' Ricky mutters, still half asleep as the girl moves out of his arms. "Come back."

"Seb is texting in the groupchat." She informs him as she clicks on the notification.

"Is he dying?"

She furrows her eyebrows. "What? no."

"Then I don't care, come back." He raises his arms.

She rolls her eyes at him. "We're going to Seb's farm."

"Now?" He groggily asks, finally opening his eyes.

"Yeah, get dressed." She replies, stepping out of the bed.

"Why?" He sighs, bringing his hand up to rub his eyes.

"He didn't say. But we're going. And if you're not ready in twenty, I'm not afraid to get in your car, Bowen."

"You don't even have a lisence." He reminds her.

She opens her closet to find an outfit. "I'll figure out how your car works."

Ricky's eyes widden, instantly sitting up. "Nope. Not happening."

"Good." She smiles. "In that case vet dressed."

-

Eleanor looks unfazed as they walk into the farm, while others look arohnd either disgusted or scared.

Eleanor had spended a fair amount of time here, so this place doesn't bother her anymore.

Ashlyn grabs Big Red his arm. "Why do I hear sheep but don't see sheep."

"Oh!" Eleanor exclaims. "That's Jimmy." She smiles.

"He has social anciety." Seb adds.

"Well, I'm team Jimmy. I don't camp, glamp. I don't even sleep without a silk pillow case." Kourtney lists.

They start chuckling, when Ej all of sudden yells.

"I'm starting to like Jimmy more and more." Eleanor laughs.

"Cool." Ej mutters.

"Listen, I'm sure Seb and Gina have a good reason for bringing us to his barn, so late, on a school night. No-"

"Yeah, you better, Seb. You know I already don't get my 8 hours of sleep. And the one time I went to bed early you wake me up." Eleanor says, crossing her arms.

"Not that I mind the romantic setting." Ricky finishes as Ellie had interrupted him.

She gives him a sweet smile. "Awhh. When it is your turn to plan date night and you bring me to a barn I will break up with you, Rick."

He purses his lips as he nods his head. "Understood."

"Okay, so we gathered you guys here tonight cause I've got this idea. And because we only have 48 hours to pull this off, it's gonna take all of us." Gina speaks up.

"The whole family." Seb smiles, looking at Nini who had joined them again.

"Aw, you guys." Nini awes.

"So I talked to Gina, and we thought we could throw a big surprise party to celebrate the guy Carlos is." Seb sayd after he finished telling them what happened at school.

"And a quinceañero he always wanted and never got. It's a birthday party bit seriously zhuzhed up. Cause Carlos is one of the good guys."

"Okay, somebody say something because maybe this is a terrible idea?" Seb asks after a silence.

"It's an amazing idea. I'm in." Nini exclaims.

They all start cheering about the idea as Seb let's out a sigh of relief.

"For Carlos!" Ricky pyts his hand out.

Everyone puts their hands on top of his before swinging them up. "For Carlos!"

After talking things trough a bit they all are about to leave.

"Hey, El!" Seb calls after her.

She looks back at him and he signs her over.

She looks up at Ricky. "Wait in the car? I'll meet you there?"

He nods his head and the girl ducks under his arm to meet her blonde haired friend.

"What's up, Seb?" She asks.

"Sooo, I wanted to sing a song for Carlos on his birthday." He admits.

Ellie smiles. "Really? That's such a cute idea! What song?'

"I was thinking 'the climb' by Miley Cyrus."

She smiles. "That's a great song, Seb. I'm sure he loves it. Will you play the piano or put the track on?"

"About that, I was wondering if you still know it on the piano?"

"Ofcourse I still know it, Seb. How many times did we play it togethe- oh, wait. You want me to play it?"

He nods his head. "If you want to?"

"Ofcourse." She smiles at him. "When I'm home I'll be making sure I know it ut by heart without any mistakes."