the perfect gift

CHAPTER TWO
the perfect gift

Eleanor her hands are stuffed in the pockets of her jacket and her face is red from the cold.

The walk to Ricky's house is only a few minutes, but with the snow and it being late at night those minutes are enough to make her feel like she's freezing.

When she walks up to Ricky's front door, she rings the doorbell as she waits till the door is opened.

After like 30 seconds the door opens, revealing her boyfriend.

"Heyy," He smiles. "Get inside, from your red cheeks I'm guessing you're cold."

Eleanor nods her head as she walks inside with Ricky. "Yeah, it is colder then expected.

After she had took of her jacket, she and Ricky are sitting on the ground in his house, Sitting under the light of the christmas tree while Eleanor has a hot choco in her hands to warm those up.

The couple has been talking about whatever came to their mind, While Ricky is admiring his girlfriend who every now and then takes a sip from her drink.

"Can we do presents?" The girl asks with excited eyes. "I really want to give you mine."

Ricky chuckles at her excitement. "You're so cute." He shakes his head with a smile on his face. "Sure, I guess that means you want to go first?"

She nods her head. "If you don't mind."

He smiles, leaning forward to peck her lips. "Go ahead, Ellie."

She reaches behind her, grabbing the wrapped present. "Here, ignore the birthday wrapper, I'm lowkey broke and this was the only one at home."

"Doesn't surprise me one bit." He laughs as she starts opening it.

When he opens it he is met by a black notebook. "A.. notebook?"

She rolls her eyes at the dissapointment in his tone. "Open it, stupid."

He raises his eyebrow at her before turning back towards the note book and opening it towards the first page.

On the first page there are pictures of then. He looks at some pages, seeing all kinds of things written down. "What's this?"

"I put some pictures of us in there, song or lyrics which reminds me of you, what I love about you and there are some songs I written myself. I know it isn't much and far from perfect bu-"