parkinglot mishaps

PARKINGLOT MISHAPS
chapter 3

Eleanor laughs as she leans back against the wall, bringing the cigarette to her lips to inhale the nicotine she had been craving.

"Noah," She snorts. "That is so rude!"

"I just told her I didn't like her." He shrugs.

"If you by 'just told her' mean you could never like someone like her, then sure you just told her." She repeats his words.

"What else could I have said?" He huffs.

"Sorry, but I don't like you like that, we're better off as friends." She tells him.

Noah rolls his eyes. "Fair enough, but that didn't come to mind at that time."

"Whatever, what are your plans for new years?" She asks, crossing her legs.

"Probably hang out with some friends, throw a small party. Find some girl to kiss at 12." He chuckles before turning to her. "You should come."

She moves a little awkwardly, okay? "Uh, sorry I already have plans with my boyfriend."

He rolls his eyes. "I bet it won't be as fun as hanging out with me and my friends."

"We're going to a party at our friends house," She explains. "I bet it will be fun."

"Whatever. Well, seeing you won't be there at twelve, maybe we should just do it now."

Eleanor her eyes widden at his words. Oh fuck. Abort. Not what was meant to happen. "Uh- what?"

"Come on, we both know you don't really like your boyfriend." He laughs.

She shakes her head. "He's my soulmate." She reminds him. "And I do li- love him."

"He doesn't need to know." He leans forward, and the girl automatically leans back.

"Not happening." She denies, standing up. "I already told you I love him, that I can see a future with him. and he will know about this."

That's how she found her self stansing infront of Ricky's house.

Never did she think a simple friendship could turn into something like this. That he would want her to cheat.

She waits patiently till the door is opened. She had already texted Ricky if he could hangout, and how answered that she could come over.

"Hey," He smiles at the girl. "Sorry it took so long."

She smiles back. "That's okay."

And five minutes later the two are sitting on top of his bed, crosslegged facing each other as he has her hand in his lap.

"What's up?" She asks him, noticing him fidgeting with the charms on her bracelet.

He sighs as he looks up. "My dad just told me we're moving."

Her eyes widden, what now?

"Not out of Salt Lake." He quickly adds, seeing her panicking.

She lets out a breath of relief. "Oh, where then?"

"Just to a smaller apartment, you know since mom has been gone..."

She smiles sadly. "Oh. I uh, actually have something to tell you aswell."

He frowns. "You okay?"

"Yeah." Eleanor nods her head. "It's just, I was hanging out with a friend today."

"Okay?" He signs for her to continue. "He started making weird comments after a while, and then he tried to kiss me."

Ricky's eyes widden. "What?!"

"I told him no though, and immediately left after that. But I just thought I should tell you that."

"And he never tried something before?" He asks.

She shakes her head. "No, i never really got those intentions either."

He sighs softly as he changes postions so he is layong on his stomach woth his head in her stomach, the girl leaned back to sit comfortable aswell.

"I'm not gonna tell you to stay away from him, but just be careful, okay?" He mumbles into her shirt.

She nkds her head as her fingers get tangled into his hair. "I wasn't exactly planned on seeing him again either."

If only she knew they would soon cross paths again.