Alone at Last

Eddie's POV

"No, like, I straight up just fucking took him to the ground. I landed my knee on a broken bottle when I went down to tell him to eat shit." Sam says.

Steve was still skeptical about how she handled Neil and it lead into a whole discussion about 'situations' she had been in. She was very clear that they were not fights because 'fight implies the other person stood a chance'. Which I couldn't help but laugh at a little as she explained.

"Whatever." Steve says with a light scoff.

"Look!" Sam says and stands.

She pulls her pant leg up to show a scar below her right knee.

"That's where I landed on the bottle."

"You believe this?" Steve asks me.

"Hey, I saw her take on Neil." I reply.

"Get up." She tells Steve like he's challenged her.

"What?" He asks.

"Get up. I'll prove it to you." She says.

Oh, I can't wait to see this.

"Alright." Steve says with a head shake as he stands.

"Come at me." She says.

"What? No." Steve says and looks to me.

"Eddie." She says and looks to me too.

"Hey, I believe you." I tell her, putting my palms up in a show of surrender.

She looks back to Steve.

"Come on." She says.

"I'll be gentle, I promise." She taunts when he doesn't move.

Steve shakes his head a little but steps towards her.

"From the front or behind?" He asks.

"Either." She replies.

"How did you say that guy went after you?" He asks.

Sam turns around so her back is to Steve.

"From behind, grabbed my hair." She says and puts her hand towards the top of her head to show where.

"Alright. You ready?" Steve asks, sounding apprehensive.

"Don't have to warn me." Sam answers.

Steve looks nervous but moves forward and grabs her hair. Sam quickly latches both hands onto his wrist and flips around and under his arm while holding tight. He's forced to let go as she jams his arm up.

"See, now, if I push up, I could dislocate your shoulder. I took that guy all the way to the ground." She says and lets go.

I'm in awe. She's so casual about it.

"Alright, this time grab around my neck." She says and puts her back to him again.

Steve does what she says and she swiftly leverages her power and flips him to the ground.

"Sorry." She says when Steve lets out a small 'ow' as he gets back up.

"What about an attack facing you?" I ask.

She looks to Steve.

"Nah, man, you asked." He replies, looking at me.

I stand up and she steps in front of me.

"What should I do?" I ask.

She shrugs.
"Come at me." She tells me with a smile.

The second my stance widens and I take a step, she hooks her leg behind mine while simultaneously grabbing my throat and forcing me down. Luckily the bed breaks my fall.