Chapter 18 1/2: I'll Miss Missing You Now And Then

For the next job we were staying in a motel by a lake. I was sitting at the dock Indian style and I was twisting the engagement ring Jason had given me around my left ring finger. I was silently crying. Finally I took in a breath and stood up. I slipped the ring of my finger and pulled my hand back to throw it in. Someone grabbed my wrist and I yanked it out of his hand dropped the ring and spun around ready to fight. "Whoa whoa whoa claim down its just me." Dean chuckled. I sighed and he bent down to pick up the ring. "You might not want to get rid of this just yet." He stated. "Why? He's got a girlfriend." I huffed. "He said he loved you." Dean stated giving me a look. "He only said that to get me out of the way. I'm just a burden to him. After all I'm the reason he sold his soul." I said. "Exactly he should his soul for you." Dean replied. "He forgot about me when he left! He's finished with me! Give me the ring." I shouted everything but the last sentence that I said very calmly. He sighed and dropped it in my opened palm. I closed my fingers around it and turned ask to the lake. I walked to the edge of the dock. "This is it." I said quietly "The moment this ring hits the water it's over. I will move on from Jason. He was holding me back and now I'm letting go. That's why I have to throw this ring into the water, Dean. It's my closer. I'm not just letting go of the ring. I'm letting go of him and the weight I carried every time I thought of him." I finished. I closed my eyes and pulled my arm back and threw it into the lake. I opened my eyes and watched it sour farther then I thought it would go and go kerplunk into the water. I just through a really expensive Dimond ring into the water but the weight that lifted off my shoulders the moment I let go was worth it. He's gone. It's over. I can be with other people now. I've broken my promise to wait for him but he did it first.
I turned to Dean with tears streaking down my face. I smiled he smiled back and put a comforting arm around my shoulder as we walked back to the motel.
IMPORTANT!
I know this was really short but I needed to make this a chapter of its own. I only really brought Jason back because I thought his story needed closer. It's a possibility that Jason and Daphne will show up again but a very small one. For now juts think of his story as over. Scarlett has let go of him and she's moved on. I know it's kind of sucks but I did my best! Love you guys!