2 . Into The Woods

Chan had tried to get back to his paper work but something was nagging at the back of his mind.. Felix and Changbin had already left after a couple of hours after realizing that the boy was really not returning, but Chan.. it wasn't that easy to get back to his normal daily work. He kept picturing the boy running into some mean strangers or falling down and hurting himself..

The woods weren't scary..

Chan actually loved it and every morning he would go in and walk enjoying the quietness and nature's sounds and scents, it always rooted him and filled him with happiness.. but.. there was also another side of this woods that he personally never encountered but always heard about it..

About shadows that move without the sun.. about whispers that are heard at nights where no one around... about floating sparks of lights that shine in the dead of the night for seconds and fades away..

Chan never saw that and always believed it's nothing but folklore to make people more interested in their plain woods, something to make it more exciting for campers and hikers. But now.. knowing that a boy is wondering alone through it .. a boy with a memory loss.. a sad confused boy.. that made Chan worried more than he thought he would.

By sunset, Chan found himself walking into the woods, he went thinking about enjoying the sunset filtering through the trees and if.. just if he met someone by chance it would be nice and some of his worries will disappear.

But the walk didn't lead him to anyone, just some campers, he thought of asking them if they saw the boy but he didn't, what would he say when he doesn't know anything about the boy. Chan kept walking more in, his hope of finding Hyunjin is long gone... but still he kept walking in thinking maybe Changbin was right, maybe the boy found his way out or a ranger found him which would be good and way safer than stumbling into strangers..

Hiding from people was easy to Hyunjin, somehow he sensed there approach before seeing anyone, so he hides and watches them passing by him. There weren't a lot of people here, but still meeting a one or two wasn't safe when he doesn't know anything about everything.

The only thing he remembers is that name, he doesn't even know if it's his name or not, he doesn't know how he got here, he doesn't know about these things his wearing and he doesn't know about that thing he found when he woke up, they called it phone and it was interesting to see it do things..

He found himself circling back to where he woke up the first time, he searched around trying to find anything that may remind him of anything but it was useless, there was nothing, he sat down and decided to stay there maybe whoever left him here will come back for him.. anyone or anything.. he didn't mind what finds him, he just wanted to be found..

Sleep didn't come easy, Hyunjin was freezing, feeling empty inside and most importantly scared.. how can someone sleep like that but he had no other choice, he waited patiently for sleep watching the trees swaying with the winds, it was getting dark and quiet, he waited for the stars but even the stars didn't shine like he always remembered them to shine... remember.. yes .. he remembers the night sky filled with more stars, he remembers the feeling of grass beneath his touch and he remembers.. he was never this alone..

It was dark.. electric waves were swirling in the air hitting his skin, sitting it on fire.. the buzzing sound of it was deafening.. the pain was filling him almost like it was now swirling inside of him but it didn't scare him, it was painful but he didn't fear the pain.. what really scared him was his grip loosening.. he was holding on something.. his hands holding on a piece of clothes, it was also black .. everything seemed to be black and darkness swallowing him.. but it wasn't all black .. something was shining on him something urging him to hold on tightly and not let go.. but.. he lost his grip and the light went away as he fell more into darkness...