Chapter 1

On a snowy winter's day in Wiggletown, young Sam Pan was strolling the streets with her pet bloodhound after a long hard day of patrolling.

"It's cold today, Trusty. Has the snow gotten to ya?" Sam asked her dog. 

Trusty, the dog, just licked his mistress's face. 

"It's nice having a permanent fur coat, isn't it? Come on; let's hurry to Actorville. Come on, Trusty" said Sam.

The two got to Disney Actorville in about five minutes and saw that they'd already put up a gigantic Christmas tree in the middle of the plaza.

It was dotted with Disney themed ornaments and colored lights, with a Mickey Mouse head on top.

"Walt's crew really goes all out this time of year, Trusty" said Sam.

Just then, Trusty started sniffing around.

"What are you doing, buddy?" said Sam.

Trusty started howling and running toward the dormitory building. 

"Hey! Come back" Sam said running after him. 

Trusty ran upstairs in the building and scratched on a certain door. 

Chad Stuart opened it and Trusty jumped on him to give him a hug. 

"Oh! Hello, big fella" said Chad with a giggle.

"Trusty? Trusty?!" Sam called.

Trusty licked his girl's face then led her to Chad. 

"What's gotten into you, big guy?" said Sam.

She saw her friend's face. "Oh, I see."

"Hullo, Sam. How'd you know I was here?" said Chad.

"I didn't. My dog must have caught your scent. He is a bloodhound" said Sam.

"This is your dog? How come I've never seen him?" said Chad.

"He likes to bark at guests. I always keep him in my room at parties. His name is Trusty" said Sam.

"Trusty. He's a handsome one" said Chad.

"Yeah, and when there's trouble, he's my trusty ol' companion. That's why he's called Trusty, I named him" said Sam.

Trusty sat down and raised his head proudly. 

"He must be a decent smeller if he found me so quickly" said Chad.

"You bet. He's got his grandpappy Ol' Reliable's keen sense of smell" said Sam.

"Well, I don't s'pose you'd both like to come in for some tea" said Chad.

"Sure, thanks" said Sam.