Chapter 16

The kids strolled up the streets of Wiggletown. 

It was sunset by the time they finished their apologetic conversation with Chad.

"I'm worried about our Christmas this year. Of all the times of year to go through something like this" said Calvin.

"I hope Chad knows what a nice person he is" said Sam.

"Me too. Nobody we know would get that angry and regret it the next day" said Charles Wallace.

"And what about that lady Jill told us about? Think we should check on her?" said Calvin.

"No, we don't know where she lives. Gee, boys, we have a lot of problems to fix here. Jeremy's getting married, Jill's about to have a baby and Mrs Disney's lost her Christmas spirit" said Sam.

"We'll have to sleep on it tonight. Patty and Cathy are making cookies back home and Cathy hates it when I'm late" said Calvin.

"And I'm having dinner with Bruce Wayne" said Sam.

"And I promised Andy I'd help her find a wedding gift for Jeremy" said Charles Wallace.

"Alright then. I'll see you guys tomorrow" said Calvin.

"Night, Cal" said Sam.

"See you later" said Charles Wallace.

Charles Wallace went back to his apartment, Sam flew to Gotham City and Calvin went to his house in the other direction.

As soon as they were gone, Chad came walking along when he heard a small whining sound.

Curiously, he followed the sound till he found the source right behind Wigglehouse. 

The source of the whining was a cute little black lab puppy, covered in mud and barely able to stand.

"Oh my..." Chad whispered.

The puppy looked up and saw his sad face. 

She tried to run, but she couldn't. 

"It's alright. I won't hurt you. Come on out" Chad whispered.

The puppy stood up on her shaky legs and mustered all of her strength to limp over to Chad.

"Oh dear..." Chad mumbled. 

The pup limped over and looked at Chad with big sad eyes.

Chad tried to pet her, but the puppy flinched. 

"Oh dear, it's okay. Oh, you're a mess. I've got you, little one" Chad cooed. 

The puppy was still scared, but Chad's soft voice calmed her a little.

She climbed into his lap and let him hold her.

"There now. You're alright. Chad'll take care of you" said Chad.