Chapter 12

Charles Wallace, Calvin and Sam started strolling in the direction of Actorville.

"So, Charles Wallace. What made Chad go all dog crazy?" said Sam.

"It was a big misunderstanding, Sam. Tramp was chasing a rat in his apartment, and he freaked out because apparently he knocked Idina's crib down."

"Wait. Chad repaid your dog for saving his daughter's life by banning dogs?" said Sam.

"Yeah. He didn't let me explain, but Meg was ready to" said Charles Wallace.

"This is ridiculous. I can't believe Chad would do something like that" said Calvin. 

"Well, in his defense, this isn't the first time a mop-haired Englishman went crazy on us" said Sam.

"Dollars to doughnuts Chad kicked Jock out of his apartment" said Charles Wallace.

"Nah, Meg wouldn't allow that" said Sam.

Just then, Jill came by looking worried.

"Jill?" said Sam.

"Oh, you three are together. Perfect" said Jill.

"Jill, I thought you were on bedrest" said Calvin.

"I was. But I couldn't just call and hope one of you would answer" said Jill.

"What's going on?" said Sam.

"Sam, I'm worried about Gertrude Goldstein. You saw how she was acting last night" said Jill.

"Who's this Gertrude Goldstein" said Calvin. 

"A woman I used to model with. I fear she might be a danger to her husband" said Jill.

"Oh yeah. I think that too. She threatened his life at the baby shower last night" said Sam.

"Why is everybody going into a rage?" said Calvin.

"You three must help me" said Jill.

"We'll do what we can, Jill, but we have a busy schedule" said Charles Wallace.

"But I'll tell you what. We'll put our thinkers on about this friend of yours while we're seeing Mrs Disney" said Calvin.

"Thank you. God bless you three" said Jill. 

"But first thing's first. What else do you know about Gertrude?" said Sam.

"Well... she and her husband have a complicated relationship. She wants children, he wants to wait" Jill explained.

"How old is she?" said Calvin.

"Exactly. She's running out of time. She has post traumatic stress disorder" said Jill.

"Oh, that's a tough one" said Charles Wallace.

"Now we have a lot of things to think about" said Calvin.

"But will you keep this in mind?" said Jill.

"Absolutely we will. But it could take a while for us to come up with something" said Calvin. 

"God bless you, my children" said Jill.