Chapter 31

Batman, Charles Wallace and Calvin were in the Batmobile following the Spirit of Christmas into the snowy mountains.

"It's cold out here" Charles Wallace shivered.

"Just the way Mrs White Christmas likes it" said the Spirit.

"Mrs White Christmas? Is she one of your accomplices?" said Calvin.

"She is indeed. Her friends call her the Snow Mistress, because her power turns everything to snow" said the Spirit.

"Wow. So we're talking to her first?" said Calvin.

"Yes. We'll see if we can ease her frustration" said the Spirit.

"Is she easily redeemed?" Batman inquired.

"When she intends to be" said the Spirit.

He led the trio to the very top of the tallest mountain where the Snow Mistress lived in her palace of ice.

She was a fairly pretty lady with her blonde hair in a beehive do. She wore light blue eyeshadow and a big white dress and gloves.

She was sitting in her throne chair and singing her signature song.

I'm Mrs White Christmas, I'm Mrs Snow

I'm Mrs Icicle, I'm Mrs Ten Below

Friends call me Snow Mistress, whatever I touch

Turns to snow in my clutch. Ha ha! I'm too much!

choir: She's Mrs White Christmas, she's Mrs snow

She's Mrs Icicle, she's Mrs Ten Below

Snow Mistress: Friends call me Snow Mistress, whatever I touch

Turns to snow in my clutch. Ha ha! 

choir: She's too much!

Snow Mistress: I never want to know a day that's over forty degrees

I'd rather have it thirty, or twenty, oh fine! Let it freeze!

choir: She's Mrs White Christmas, she's Mrs snow (Snow Mistress: That's right!)

She's Mrs Icicle, she's Mrs Ten Below

Snow Mistress: Friends call me Snow Mistress, whatever I touch

Turns to snow in my clutch. Ha ha! Too much! 

choir: Too much!

She finished singing just as the Spirit entered with the men.

"Ah, good Spirit. What brings you to my palace?" said the Snow Mistress.

"Mrs White Christmas, my dear. I expect you know these good people" said the Spirit gesturing to the crew.

"Why yes. I've seen them. In times I've gazed into my crystal snowball. What can I do for you dear Warriors?" said the Snow Mistress.

"Your Snowiness, we've come with an urgent proposition" said Charles Wallace.

"The Spirit has told us that since Walt Disney passed on, you've been frustrated" said Calvin.

"I am not frustrated. And I shan't see reason to be" said the Snow Mistress.

"But Mrs White Christmas, the Spirit said your sister has been frustrating you with arguments" said Batman.

"Oh yes; the Heat Mistress. She's been complaining about how Christmas in Disney Actorville will never be the same again" said the Snow Mistress.

"That's why we're here. Couldn't your sister accept it the way it always was?" said Charles Wallace.

"I've asked her that myself, but she simply refused to listen. Thinks there's no point, she does" said the Snow Mistress.

"Then we shall help her understand that Christmas in Actorville can still be just as jolly" said Batman.

"Good. Then you'll convince my sister to let it snow. Actorville Christmases have always been snowy" said the Snow Mistress.

"We will, Snow Mistress. We will. Thank you very much" said Charles Wallace.

And off they went again, following the Spirit away from the Snow Mistress's palace.