Chapter 34

Meg was on her way to Gertrude's apartment building. 

She was driving an ambulance and listening to someone talk on the radio phone.

"This woman in labor's with an EDP and the Wiggles. Try not to surprise her, Meg" said the voice.

"Yes sir" said Meg.

In the building, Jill was pacing, still holding her sides in pain while Anthony was on his flip-phone, leaving a message for Paul.

"Alright, Paul. This is my second call to you. I hope you get this. We'll be in touch" said Anthony. 

Jeff and Greg were still knocking on the door to the other room.

"Gertrude, please don't be traumatized. Having babies is a common everyday occurrence" said Jeff.

"Yeah. Come on out" said Greg.

Jill suddenly winced in pain. "Murray... are you timing?"

"Yes. That's four minutes. Jill, you really need to be in a hospital right now" said Murray.

"No. I'm not leaving without her. Gertrude, please come out! I'm going into labor and I'm not leaving without you!" Jill shouted.

"Gertrude, get out! Please" said Greg.

Jill collapsed again.

"Two minutes. Jill, you're officially at two minutes. I don't think we can make it" said Murray.

Meg had just made it. "Wiggles!" she called.

"Up here, Meg!" said Jeff.

"Guys! How's Jill?" said Meg.

"She's in strong labor, Meg; we won't make it to the hospital" said Murray.

"No, Murray, I can make it down the stairs" said Jill.

"Oh no you can't. What if we get stuck on the stairwell? Honey, I'll help you deliver your baby right here" said Meg.

"Here?" said Jill. 

"We have to" said Meg.

Jill was breathing deeply, but still couldn't take her mind off Gertrude.

"Gertrude... what's going on with her?" she cried.

"The Wiggles will take care of her, Jill. You just focus on your baby, alright?" said Murray rubbing Jill's shoulder.

"Okay..." Jill exhaled. 

The Wiggles entered the other room to try and calm Gertrude. 

"Just breathe, Jill. It's okay. Hang in there. Think you're ready?" Meg whispered.

Jill took another deep breath. "Yeah."

"Okay. Let's do this!" said Meg.