Chapter 17

Chad took the puppy home, washed her off and gave her a warm bed by the fire.

"There you are. There. That's better isn't it?" said Chad quietly. 

Just then, he received a knock on his door.

"Give me just a minute, luv" said Chad.

He answered the door and Andy was there in her tank top and sweatpants.

"Andy" said Chad.

"Hey. I was just wondering if you were okay. You know, after last night. I don't mean to sound like your mother, but I think you overreacted" said Andy.

"I think that too. The kids came to Actorville today and let me apologize. They're such sweetlings, I don't know what was wrong with me" said Chad.

"It really was an accident. You can see for yourself" said Andy.

She walked into the babies' room and revealed the dead rat behind the curtains. 

"Oh my goodness!" Chad gasped.

"Are dogs still banned from your life?" said Andy. 

The black lab puppy came running and barked.

"I guess not" said Andy with a smile.

"I found the poor little one in the mud. She needs a home" said Chad.

"Well, she's awfully cute" said Andy. 

Then she put on a serious face. "But we need to find her real family. And fast if she doesn't have a license. There's been a new law that any unlicensed dog goes to the pound."

"Oh goodness" Chad whispered. 

"But I'll talk to Sam about it tomorrow. She'd never let a dog down" said Andy. 

"Unlike me" said Chad shamefully.

"Oh come on" said Andy.

Chad took a breath. "Thank you, Andy."

"You're welcome. And I just remembered. You know Jeremy better than anyone. What should I give to him for our wedding?" said Andy.

"I dunno. He enjoys things that are American, intriguing and comfortable" said Chad.

"American, intriguing and comfortable... gives me something to think about at least. Thanks" said Andy. 

Chad gave her a smile.

"I guess I should go. You can only leave your fiancee alone for so long" Andy giggled.

"Good night, m'love" said Chad.

"Good night" said Andy.