Chapter 20

While Calvin and Patty were discussing the newly greyed Actorville, Sam had flown to brick-colored Stately Wayne Manor.

She was dining on a rib roast dinner with millionaire Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward Dick Grayson.

She had told them the whole story.

"This is a tragedy, Sam. Actorville has lost its joie de vivre at the happiest time of year" said Bruce.

"It's not just Actorville. Walt's wife said she won't celebrate Christmas ever again" said Sam.

"Holy Ebeneezer Scrooge. She can't ban Christmas" said Dick.

"I know. I'm worried about Actorville. I don't think Walt ever thought about what'd happen to it" said Sam.

"And you have every right to worry about it, my dear. Some of your dearest memories are linked directly to Actorville" said Bruce.

"I'm more worried about Jill. She has to spend the rest of her pregnancy in bed. That's how it was for me" said Dick.

"Oh yeah" said Sam.

"I hope it's not as hard for her. I can't have her dying when she's finally found solace in Wiggletown" said Dick.

Bruce put his hand on his ward's shoulder. "Chin up, old chum. If she stays in bed, she should be safe."

"Besides, she wasn't drugged" said Sam.

Dick laughed a little. "And what about our performance? I had our Christmas song prepared and everything; now what are we supposed to do?" 

"We could still sing it" said Sam.

"Yeah, but if Mrs Disney bans Christmas, we'll lose our best venue" said Dick.

Sam drank her tea. "I wouldn't worry about it now, honey."

Then she put on a serious face. "But I would worry about this. When I was at Jill's baby shower, a friend of hers threatened her husband's life."

"Holy homicide. Why would she do that?" said Dick.

"A. she has post dramatic stress disorder. And B. they had a disagreement about having children" said Sam.

"Hmm. That explanation implies that coming to a baby shower triggered this woman" said Bruce.

"Could be. But Jill came to the Warriors about it" said Sam.

"If such a reaction comes with a threat, Sam... perhaps it would be wise to consult Batman?" said Bruce.

"Batman?" said Sam.

"Bruce is right. The more subtle a case, the trickier it has to be" said Dick.

"Well, we are kinda busy with Mrs Disney" said Sam.

"Indeed. If we may, Dick and I will put on our capes and cowls and talk to Jill about her friend tomorrow" said Bruce.

"That'd be great. Thanks a million" said Sam.

"It's our pleasure, babe" said Dick kissing his girl's cheek.