Chapter 25

The kids were on their way back to their homes when they came across Meg exiting the hospital.

"Hey, guys. What's going on? You look like something's on your mind" she said. 

"Hi, Meg. We were just visiting Walt Disney's wife" said Charles Wallace.

"How is she?" said Meg.

"She's doing better than right after Walt died" said Sam.

"And the memories of Walt seem to be bringing her spirit back. But what about the rest of Actorville? Who wants to spend Christmas in one of the most joyful acting camps after it's been turned into Desolation Central?" said Calvin.

Just then, a celestial man appeared before them. 

He was dressed in a red and green tuxedo and boater hat with a blue stripe.

"Gawrsh! Who are you?" said Sam.

"I am the spirit of Christmas. I'm here to explain the turmoil your Actorville is going through" said the man.

"Walt died and it misses him. That's what it's going through" said Charles Wallace.

"Yes indeed. But it's also going through changes in its mood due to my accomplices arguing" said the Spirit. 

"Your accomplices?" said Calvin.

"Yes. My accomplices are the ladies of snow and of heat. They heard of Walt's passing too, and have been arguing over how Actorville should have Christmas. Joyfully snowy or miserably plain" said the Spirit.

Batman and Robin made it there just as the Spirit finished speaking.

"What's the meaning of this?" said Batman.

"Batman, the Spirit here says his assistants are part of why Actorville has no Christmas spirit" said Calvin.

"Then we'd best put a stop to that" said Batman.

"But we have lots to do" said Charles Wallace. 

"Right. We shall start the mission tomorrow" said the Spirit.

"But I'm supposed to see Mrs Disney again tomorrow" said Sam.

"And see her you shall" said Batman.

"Can I go with her, Batman? I'd like to know how the lady is doing too" said Robin.

"Very well, old chum. Then Charles Wallace and Calvin will come with me to speak to the spirits" said Batman.

"Perfect. But what about Chad?" said Charles Wallace.

"What about Chad?" said Meg.

"The man is questioning his behavior toward dogs. First he bans them, now he's adopting one" said Calvin.

"Then I'll talk to him about that. He'll probably want my opinion anyway" said Meg.

"Good girl, Meg" said Batman.

"But what about Jill? She needs someone to take her to see Mrs Goldstein" said Robin.

"You're right, Robin. She could do it herself, but she's too pregnant" said Meg.

"If she's going to take someone to cheer her friend up, she'll need someone who believes in second chances at love, someone who can make anyone happy, be they ill or healthy" said Batman.

The kids looked at each other with knowing expressions.

"If that's what Gertrude needs to get cheered up, have we got the men for her" said Charles Wallace.

"And I'm gonna talk to them tonight before bed" said Sam.

"Very well. I believe everything's under control" said Batman.

"Excellent! I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow for our mission" said the Spirit.