Chapter 28

Chad was in his apartment cuddling the black lab puppy he found.

"Maybe I'm not so bad to dogs. I love you too much to hurt you" he whispered.

The puppy put her little front paws on Chad's stomach and looked up at his face.

Meg came home just then. "I'm home!"

"Hullo, luv; I'm right here" said Chad.

Meg went over to the couch and kissed her husband. 

Then she saw the little pup. "This is the black lab the guys told me about?"

"Yes."

"Are we getting her a license before the dog catcher finds her?" said Meg.

"I was going to ask the Three Warriors about that tomorrow" said Chad.

"They're terribly busy then; we'll have to handle it ourselves. They also said you're worried about the way you treat dogs" said Meg.

"I am. I treated Charle's dog and Sam's dog so cruel. And now I love this little one. How do you think I treat dogs?" said Chad.

"Well... you did overreact that night, but... I think you treat dogs beautifully. You treat everyone you know beautifully. That's why I love you" said Meg.

Chad looked at her with tears in his eyes. "What would I do without you?"

"A lot less laundry" Meg joked.

Chad laughed and wrapped his arm around his wife.

"What are you gonna name this puppy?" said Meg.

"I dunno... your pet is a Scottish terrier. And this is a beautiful dog. Her name is... Bonnie" Chad decided. 

"That's beautiful" said Meg.

Meanwhile, Sam was telling her dear friends the Wiggles everything she heard about Gertrude's threat.

"We thought you could help her. Batman and Robin were supposed to take Jill to see her, but they're gonna be busy tomorrow" she said.

"But Sam, this is far from what we're used to. We've never stopped a woman from killing her husband" said Jeff.

"I know, but you guys are the best at cheering people up. At least take Jill to talk to her" said Sam.

"Sam, let's just suppose we get there and it's too late" said Anthony.

"Then you cheer Jill up. She'll be sad that she couldn't solve this soon enough. Please, Wiggles" said Sam.

Murray looked at his ex-wife seriously. "Sam... as dangerous as it seems... we wouldn't miss helping Jill for the world."

"Excellent! She'll tell you where Gertrude lives tomorrow" said Sam.

"We'll be ready. And we'll be keeping an eye on Jill as well. She could have that baby any hour now" said Greg.

"You guys are the best" said Sam giving her friends a hug.