Author's Note

Wow, wasn't that awesome!

It was awfully sad for a Christmas story, huh?

My favorite thing about it, though, was that rather than Santa Claus or the thought that comes with it, the gifts are given by memories.

You know, the characters remember past experiences or things their loved ones always wanted, then go out and work for them or use their brains. 

And the story Lillian tells the kids about Walt giving her a dog was true. That really did inspire the opening of "Lady and the Tramp". I first heard the story on a Disney Plus Christmas special "Christmas with Walt Disney". 

The song Sam & Robin sing at the end was the main song you hear in Disneyland's "Christmas Fantasy" parade. It's also the title track of Sam & Robin's album "Christmas Kisses". 

The parts where Jill worries about her friend Gertrude play out like an episode of "Rookie Blue" where Andy helps her friend Marlo solve the mystery of a woman with bipolar named Sylvia.

The dog Chad rescues, Bonnie, is named after Chad Stuart's actual dog. She was also a black lab and Chad owned her in his old age. 

And yes, Walt Disney did die pretty close to Christmas. The actual date was December 15th 1966 (just 10 days after his 65th birthday). 

I also have to thank my follower AmandaSchaefer709 for the idea of bringing back Christmas spirit. 

Her idea was that one character loses Christmas spirit, but I thought that was meaningless since all these characters are the most spiritual and loyal people in my stories.

And I'd been wanting to include Walt's death in a story, so I figured this was it, given the day he died and how his family and crew must have felt after it happened. 

Now THAT'S using your brain, huh? 

So what was your favorite part of this Christmas story that took longer than I thought to finish? Leave a comment!

Cheerio and merry Christmas!

Peace and love,

Sammy