*A BROKEN BOY*

"Kyliegh Curran?" The cop asked, making sure Indigo had heard the boy correctly. Preston clamped his eyes shut as tears streamed down his face and nodded gently. Indigo rubbed his back and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. "Indigo, you seem to know a lot about this Kyliegh girl, could I have a description please?" 

The officer pulled out a notepad and pen and waited for Indie to start. The girl nodded. 

"About 5'7, black, brown eyes, definitely jealous of me and Preston's relationship, and I think she might've been the one who caused my car crash a few weeks back, but I can't prove that." Indigo explained. The cop nodded and jotted down the description. 

"Thank you. Do you have any proof of her jealousy or harmful intent against you or Preston?" The cop asked. Indigo nodded. 

"I can check our Instagram posts and screenshot the disturbing comments." Indigo confirmed. 

"That would be great. If you could get that done ASAP, and just send them to me. Here's my personal number. If you or Preston would like to tell me anything more, just shoot me a text. Preston, we're all here for you, just know that we are gonna take care of your problem, okay. She's never gonna bother you again." The cop said, handing Indie a piece of paper and rubbing Preston's shoulder comfortingly. He nodded and Indigo thanked the cop as she left the room. 

"You did so good, Pres. They're gonna find her, and everything is going to be just fine." Indigo assured with a smile, kissing him on the forehead. He sniffled and nodded. 

"Thank you, Inds." He muttered. 

"Of course, love. You hungry?" Indie asked. He shrugged. 

"Yes and no." He sighed. 

"Yes and no?" She asked with a tilt of her head. He nodded. 

"I haven't eaten in days and I can feel my stomach grumbling, but on the other hand, every time I think about what happened, I lose my appetite." He explained sadly. Indie sighed. 

"Will you try and eat something?" She asked. He nodded lightly. "I'll ask your mom if she can get you something." 

***********

15 minutes later, Preston was upright in the hospital bed, eating some chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. His mom rubbed his back as he ate, and his brother and dad were now sitting in the hospital room as well. The two were talking to Mr. Downey and his sons. Jennifer was chatting away with Eliza, happy to have Pres back. Indie sat on a chair near the hospital bed, screenshotting the hate comments Kyliegh had left behind on their Instagram posts and sending them to the officer. 

@indiedowney 

never been more grateful to see this boy

never been more grateful to see this boy. thank you to everyone for keeping an eye out, and thank you to the two girls that found him. he's had a rough couple of weeks, but he's doing a little bit better now and he's still the loving, caring boy that he was before. @preston_oliver <3