*A PRETTY DARN DECENT DAY*

thank you so much for all the love and support i've received on this book! you guys literally keep me sane lol! enjoy the chapter! 

**********

It had been a good night. Preston was sleeping. Really sleeping. 

The morning after the court case, Mrs. Downey, and Mrs. Oliver were cooking a delicious breakfast, Mr. Downey was in the living room, sipping coffee and making jokes with Jordan, and Jacob had gone for a run in the shining sun. Indigo and Banks were sitting in the kitchen, Indie helping her little brother with his homework, and Mr. Oliver was upstairs, by a sleeping Preston's side, scrolling on his phone while his son slept. 

He huffed as he noticed Kyliegh's fathers most recent post on Instagram. 

@shannoncurran 

here we go, court case in session! wish my beautiful daughter luck and tell @preston_oliver to stop being such an idiot

here we go, court case in session! wish my beautiful daughter luck and tell @preston_oliver to stop being such an idiot. @kylieghcurran 

liked by: prylieghshipper, kylieghcurran, 2K more....

kylieghcurran: thanks daddy! <3 

shannoncurran: ^^^ofc bbg! <3 

prylieghshipper: PRESTON IS SO OVERDRAMATIC. hope everything goes well for you today pumpkin! <3 

kylieghcurran: ^^^thank you girlie! 

preston_oliver: oh....

masonthamesofficial: ^^^do not listen to a word they say, Pres. just breathe and everything will be fine. :) 

kylieghcurran: ^^^on the contrary @masonthamesofficial 

kenoliver: wtf. 

*******

Ken huffed as he looked at the comments but his face softened as Preston rolled over and rubbed his eyes sleepily. 

"Hey, bud. How you feel?" Ken asked his son, smiling brightly as he opened the drapes, sunlight shining into the room. Preston sat up and smiled lightly. Well that's new. 

"Really good, actually." He said honestly. 

"Great. I'm so happy. Mom and Mrs. Downey are making breakfast downstairs. Why don't you get changed and come on down." He explained to his son. Preston nodded. 

His dad exited the room and headed downstairs. Preston threw on some grey sweatpants and his purple Lakers basketball hoodie. He walked down the stairs, not feeling as sore as he had been. 

He walked into the kitchen and Indigo jumped up from her spot at the table with Banks to hug the boy. He smiled as he inhaled the sweet scent of her long hair. He wrapped his arms around her.