Prologue

The white she cat looked up at the dark night sky and blinked her blue eyes. She looked back at the dark grey she cat who was laying on her side trying to sleep. She sighed not wanting to disturb her and laid down by Cheetahkit. He looked up and blinked his green eyes at her.

"Hey Bluekit." He smiled and licked her ear before laying back down.

"Hey Cheetahkit," the white she cat said softly before laying down by him. He smiled and licked her head. "You know you don't have to clean me," she joked turning around to face him.

"I know, it's more fun." He laughed a little. They both looked over to the small silver tom who was sleeping alone. Bluekit sighed and got up signaling Cheetahkit to follow her and they both walked over to him.

"Hey Silverkit." Bluekit smiled at the young Tom. He looked up at her and blinked his blue eyes.

"Hello Bluekit, Cheetahkit." He smiled a little and shivered. "Do you guys know when Flamekit and Tigerkit will get back?" He asked looking around for the flame-furred she cat and brown tom with black stripes.

"I don't know, it's pretty late so I thought they would be back by now. They have to come back soon if th-" Cheetahkit said but got caught off by a battle yowl. They all looked at each other and then around the camp and they saw Flamekit and Tigerkit running back to them quickly. They looked at Shadow and she jumped up to protect her kits.

"Flamekit, you've done it now!" Bluekit hissed at her only sister. Flamekit was always causing some kind of trouble to get the rest of them into.

"Just.....run!" Flamekit hissed getting to the back of the nursery with Tigerkit by her side. Those two shared a special bond. They were both troublemakers. Bluekit sighed and her and Cheetahkit helped Silverkit to be back and stayed back there.

"You will never touch my kits!" Shadow hissed at a cat coming by. Shadow was a rouge before she had joined Smallclan. She had given birth to the five kits in the clan. They had rouge blood but they were accepted in the clan.

"Never!" The black cat attacking Shadow hissed and hit her head with his paw making her go the other way and fall down.