Chapter 9

[Bluekit's POV]

I saw Flamekit and Tigerkit come back into the den play fighting. I laughed and tackled onto Cheetahkit. I hissed at me playfully.

"Come on Cheetahkit, let's go play with our siblings." I said getting off of him. He nodded softly and got up and shook his pelt to get rid of the dust. He glared at me then at Tigerkit and Flamekit and ran at them and jumped them. I laughed and followed his lead. They shook us off and we went out of the nursery and kept playing.

"What happened?" Cheetahkit asked as he tackled Tigerkit who easily pushed him off. I ran over to Cheetahkit and he landed on me. I fell down and tried to push him off. It was hard. That shy Tom was heavy. He looked down to me and blinked his brown eyes and got up. He acted so calmly most of the time. It was confusing.

"Yea, what happened?" I asked looking at Flamekit and Tigerkit. They got really quiet when we asked them. I saw Tigerkit looking around then he flicked his tail for us to follow. I nodded and stayed by Cheetahkit as we followed Tigerkit. He was leading us* to a extremely small cave in the side of the camp. He went in first then Flamekit. I made Cheetahkit go next then I went.

"Alright, since no one else can hear us now..." Tigerkit started. His voice echoed a little between the walls. Flamekit sighed.

"We won't become apprentices till we are 7 moons." She said looking down a little. I was shocked. Spokenstar couldn't do it to them. She couldn't do that to us. I slightly growled.

"Well then I'm staying a kit with you guys." I said angry. I was going to tell Spokenstar I wasn't letting my siblings stay behind while me and Cheetahkit practiced without them.

"I will to. I don't want to leave you behind." Cheetahkit spoke up. I nodded.

"Then it's settled. We all stay kits until all of us can be apprentices." I said. "Come on, let's go tell Spokenstar." I growled slightly walking out of the small cave. My white pelt was bright. I didn't care. I loved my pelt. It made me different. I turned back and saw Cheetahkit following close behind with Flamekit and Tigerkit still trying to get through the whole. I laughed a little and waited for them. We were doing this together.

"Go ahead Bluekit, we will be right there." Flamekit said to me. I nodded and nudged Cheetahkit a little and started to head back to Spokenstar's den. I soon saw the red fur of Flamekit and the brown and black fur of Tigerkit. I smiled as we walked into Spokenstar's den.

"Spokenstar?" I asked. I wasn't being shy at all. I saw the she cat look up at us.

"What is it?" She asked sitting up.

"Spokenstar, you can't make them wait another moon. We stay together. Me and Cheetahkit have agreed that we will be staying back an extra moon so we stay with Flamekit and Tigerkit." I said boldly. Cheetahkit nodded slowly staying quiet now. I didn't expect him to say anything.

"Is this true Cheetahkit?" She asked now looking at him. He stood up firm. I liked it when he was confident.

"Yes it is." He said simply. He didn't say much but it was powerful.

"Fine, all four of you will now be staying in the nursery until you are seven moons old." She said and laid back down. I nodded and walked out of the den flicking my tail. I could be leader when I wanted to be. I was brave. I was just a little shy too.