Chapter 10

[Firekit's POV]

I looked up as Bluekit walked in followed by Flamekit and Tigerkit. I saw Cheetahkit following behind them. He usually was in the back with Bluekit though. I shrugged and laid back down not wanting to talk to Flamekit. I sighed and watched as the four kits went over to their own nest away from me. Tigerkit was the only one that didn't lay down. I guess he was just protecting them. I watched him as he laid down by Flamekit and Bluekit. He cared for his sisters. I never really had siblings. My little brother had died at birth. I would be becoming an apprentice though along with the other kits. I was really glad. Then I could train with Flamekit! I smiled to myself and laid my head on my paws.

I soon woke up the next morning by Angelkit nudging me.

"Wake up sleepyhead! It's today!" She said in pure excitement. I looked over to Flamekit, Tigerkit, Bluekit, and Cheetahkit. They were still asleep.

"Aren't you going to wake them?" I asked confused on why they weren't up. It was their big day too. I got up and looked at the other kits. Shinykit had a scratch on her nose.

"Shinykit got attacked by Tigerkit when she tried to wake them." Angelkit explained. I nodded and licked down my matted fur.

"Why? They should be getting up too." I asked after I was done.

"I don't know. You go ask." She said like she didn't care. I felt some pain from that and sighed. I went over to the four siblings. I had to be careful since Tigerkit was right next to Flamekit. I nudged the red shecat carefully. I saw her Amber eyes look up at me slowly.

"Leave me alone." She hissed turning over.

"Flamekit, please. What's wrong?" I asked quietly. I didn't know why she was acting like this.

"Because I won't be an apprentice today ok?!?" She hissed loudly at my face. That woke up the other four. I sighed. I should of known. The other kits in the nursery looked at her surprised.

"Leave us alone Firekit." Tigerkit spat. I could see his claws. Bluekit got up and stood next to Tigerkit.

"Just go, none of us are going to be apprentices. We don't have to get ready for nothing." She said calmly. I didn't understand that shecat at all. She confused me. She was always so nice. I sighed and nodded slightly. I looked back at Flamekit and padded over to Shinykit and Angelkit.

"Well that's didn't go well." I sighed. They laughed a little.

"We can tell." Angelkit said with a big smile from laughing. I sighed. I didn't like it when others laughed at me. I felt like I did something wrong.

"Come on!" Shinykit said walking out of the den. I followed beside Angelkit. I looked back and saw Tigerkit, Flamekit, Bluekit, and Cheetahkit still in their nest. I looked behind us and saw the three queens and the other kits.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather under High Rock!" Spokenstar yowled and I got excited. I smiled widely and nudged Shinykit and Angelkit.

"Go up there!" Badgertooth hissed at us. I shivered a little and stepped up with the other kits. I hung my head a little. I knew Flamekit wouldn't be training with me now.

"We have five apprentices that are going to be warriors. We also have six kits that are six moons old and are going to be apprentices. Nightpaw, Tulippaw, Bramblepaw,Echopaw and Pinepaw, please step up." Spokenstar said. The five apprentices stepped up. I could see the excitement on their faces. "Do you all promise to uphold the warrior code even if that means your life?" She asked looking at them.

"I do!" The five apprentices said in unison. I bet they didn't mean to do that.

"Then by the power invested in me by Starclan I give you your warrior names. Nightpaw, from this moment on you shall be called Nightmoon, after your eyes that stick out but make you beautiful." She smiled and touched Nightmoon's nose. The black shecat smiled brightly.

"Thank you Spokenstar." She purred. Spokenstar and went onto Tulippaw.

"Tulippaw, from this moment on you shall be called Tulipheart, for your kind heart." Spokenstar smiled and touched her nose. Tulipheart just nodded. "Bramblepaw, from this moment on you shall be called Brambleshy, for your shyness." She said. I know Brambleshy was shy but why would her warrior name be named after that? I just shook my head a little. Spokenstar touched her nose and went onto Echopaw. "Echopaw, from this moment on you shall be called Echospirit after your loud and cheerful spirit." She said and touched her nose. Echospirit smiled.

"Thank you so much Spokenstar!" She smiled cheerfully. I watched as Spokenstar nodded again.

"Pinepaw, from this moment on your name shall be Pinespark, for the spark you have when you are fighting." She said and touched his nose. The clan yowled the names of the new warriors. I smiled and cheered with them.

"Now, Firekit, Angelkit, Shinykit, Spottedkit, Softkit, and Sparkkit, please step forward." Spokenstar said. I looked at the other five kits and stepped up with them. "You are all six moons now, it is time for you all to be apprentices. Firekit, from this moment on you will be known as Firepaw until you get your warrior name. Your mentor shall be Embersong. May she pass down all she knows to you." Spokenstar said. I nodded and looked for Embersong. "Angelkit, from this moment until you get your warrior name you shall be called Angelpaa. Your mentor shall be Fireclaw. May be pass all he knows to you." Spokenstar smiled at Angelkit.

"Thank you Spokenstar, I know I'll try my hardest." She said.

"I know you will. Shinykit, from this moment on you shall be called Shinypaw until you get your warrior name. Your mentor shall be Lilyheart. May she pass her kindness down to you." Spokenstar smiled at her. Shinykit just nodded shyly. Spokenstar did this for the other three kits. Sparkpaw got Cyrusclaw, Softpaw got Reedeyes, and Spottedkit got Krestleflight.